Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Tonight's recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Tonight's recipe (/showthread.php?tid=1389)

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 21-10-2022

(21-10-2022, 05:54 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Blackened Cajun beef curry with rice
Yeah, some of my cooking finishes up like that when I forget about it in the oven! Lol Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 22-10-2022

Two YS purchases in an experimental dish that actually tasted divine.  Cool

Slow poached florence fennel (31p) and Haddock loin (£1.21). Thinly sliced fennel cooked in a wok with butter and the juice of an orange. When softened a bit (took ages!) added haddock loin, covered and poached on a low heat for 15 minutes.
Served haddock on a bed of fennel and added cream and salt and pepper. Smile

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 22-10-2022

Same as last night, blackened Cajun beef curry because we made a big batch.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 23-10-2022

I like my traditional Sunday dinner. Rolleyes Today is pork chops, new tatties,carrots, brussel sprouts and sweet potato with plenty of gravy. Cool Enough veg ieft in pans for to make a vegetable soup for meatless Monday! Smile

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 23-10-2022

There's a face on one of the chops. Is it a pig?

Yesterday's meals were the same as the day before -
B. Raspberries & Granola (10p)
L .Sourdough Olive ciabatta
D. YS Korean BBQ style No-chicken pieces (20p), Creamed cabbage & spring Greens (20p) and Creamy Garlic mushrooms (30p) (70p but I only ate half - the rest will be tomorrow's dinner.

Total cost 45p.

Today:-
B Banana, YS raspberry yogurt (5p) & granola (10p)
L. Sourdough olive ciabatta
D. Cauliflower makhani and Spiced couscous.

Total cost 15p.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 23-10-2022

Gammon ham with poached egg & asparagus ( I was devastated when I saw asparagus in my shopping bag! Long story). On toast.  It was quite nice though  Blush . 
Followed by homemade rice pudding! Never made that before.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - SarrissUK - 23-10-2022

Roast chicken breast with roast potatoes, mash, broccoli, beans and carrots with gravy made from the veg water. Apparently that was the best roast potatoes ever, and Jay would've been very happy if that was his Christmas day dinner! I'll take that for sure Smile

A couple of hours later, I had leftover yorkshire puds with yoghurt and jam.

(23-10-2022, 06:56 PM)Veggie Wrote: There's a face on one of the chops. Is it a pig?

Yesterday's meals were the same as the day before -
B. Raspberries & Granola (10p)
L .Sourdough Olive ciabatta
D. YS Korean BBQ style No-chicken pieces (20p), Creamed cabbage & spring Greens (20p) and Creamy Garlic mushrooms (30p) (70p but I only ate half - the rest will be tomorrow's dinner.

Total cost 45p.

Today:-
B Banana, YS raspberry yogurt (5p) & granola (10p)
L. Sourdough olive ciabatta
D. Cauliflower makhani and Spiced couscous.

Total cost 15p.
Well,they were pork chops! Big Grin 

I made the gravy in my little gravy boat with one oxo cube topped up with gravy granules & juices from the meat. I mustn't have mixed it well enough and don't strain my gravy! Rolleyes Still tasty though! Cool

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 23-10-2022

You don't need to use stock cubes and granules to make gravy.
Stir a little flour into the fat & meat juices in the roasting tin over a little heat. Add the veg water, little by little, stirring all the time. Soon you have Real gravy.Big Grin
My first attempts at Real gravy were described as as thick as tar - so solid you could carve it!

(23-10-2022, 09:18 PM)Veggie Wrote: You don't need to use stock cubes and granules to make gravy.
Stir a little flour into the fat & meat juices in the roasting tin over a little heat. Add the veg water, little by little, stirring all the time. Soon you have Real gravy.Big Grin
My first attempts at Real gravy were described as as thick as tar - so solid you could carve it!
If you say so, but I have always used meat juices,oxo and gravy granules and like it that way! Tongue Your way sounds a bit 'wishy washy' (and you don't get a picture of a pigs head on your chop) Big Grin