Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Tonight's recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Tonight's recipe (/showthread.php?tid=1389)

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Can the Man - 21-07-2022

Chicken curry and rice

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Bren - 22-07-2022

Veg stir fry and rice this evening.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 22-07-2022

Fishy Friday comprised Alaskan Breaded Pollock with fish pie and onion bhaji's! The fish in the pie was notable by its absence but was quite tasty at 79p (just above yellow sticker price.) Rolleyes

As a side note I have started using Pink Himayan salt on stuff. Cool
From what I have read, table salt is bleached and has additives and Sea Salt has micro-plastics from the sea. Cry Pink Himalayan salt was laid down before humans inhabited the earth so should be less toxic. The only problem is it comes in a plastic dispenser Rolleyes

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Bren - 22-07-2022

Vinny I get mine from  Poundland its a pound Big Grin  

I've read somewhere  Confused  that bath salts is the same stuff just cheaper.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 22-07-2022

chilli & rice.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 22-07-2022

(22-07-2022, 06:15 PM)Bren Wrote: Vinny I get mine from  Poundland its a pound Big Grin  

I've read somewhere  Confused  that bath salts is the same stuff just cheaper.
I got mine with its own grinder from Aldi............£1.49 I think?

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Bren - 23-07-2022

Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and Bol.
I’ll be the cook today MrB has Covid so he’s keeping out of the kitchen.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 23-07-2022

(22-07-2022, 02:34 PM)Vinny Wrote: Fishy Friday comprised Alaskan Breaded Pollock with fish pie and onion bhaji's! The fish in the pie was notable by its absence but was quite tasty at 79p (just above yellow sticker price.) Rolleyes

From what I have read, table salt is bleached and has additives and Sea Salt has micro-plastics from the sea. Cry Pink Himalayan salt was laid down before humans inhabited the earth so should be less toxic. The only problem is it comes in a plastic dispenser Rolleyes
About a year ago a friend gave me an enormous bag of Pink Himalayan salt that he'd bought for some project and didn't need all of it. I use it in a grinder with dried herbs from the garden (use less salt and add more flavour). Only problem is the salt crystals are so big they jam the grinder. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 23-07-2022

(23-07-2022, 11:55 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(22-07-2022, 02:34 PM)Vinny Wrote: Fishy Friday comprised Alaskan Breaded Pollock with fish pie and onion bhaji's! The fish in the pie was notable by its absence but was quite tasty at 79p (just above yellow sticker price.) Rolleyes

About a year ago a friend gave me an enormous bag of Pink Himalayan salt that he'd bought for some project and didn't need all of it. I use it in a grinder with dried herbs from the garden (use less salt and add more flavour). Only problem is the salt crystals are so big they jam the grinder. Big Grin
Bash it with a hammer first! Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 23-07-2022

Bear with me on this one! Tongue 

Today I swapped onions for raspberries and a round courgette off my allotment neighbour. I also brought home an elephant garlic head. I spread the raspberries out on a large plate to open freeze but had to play freezer jenga to find room for plate. As it happens a boxed pizza was the right size and made way for the raspberry plate, whilst becoming my dinner. Rolleyes

So for  dinner I had Deep Pan Meat Feast Pizza with a side of fried courgette and elephant garlic plus chillies. Big Grin

I could of had raspberries and ice cream for afters but after eating a whole pizza to myself, I had no room left in tummy! Rolleyes