Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 26-11-2021

I'm not sure the fleas like women best J - I don't tend to get bitten, or rather, no visible signs of bites even when they have been bad. Indorex is the only spray I use - any other I've tried have done nothing. They're pricey, but worth it. I'm glad you have it under control Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 26-11-2021

My mum has a cleaner again, the first time since before Covid.
It is such a relief because she's no longer flexible enough to clean thoroughly (she's early 80s). When she moved from the family home of 40 years to a flat last year I scrubbed the house and it was pretty filthy!!

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 26-11-2021

Having a cleaner would make me happy Smile

Instead I'm happy planning all the food I will buy in Sweden when I go there Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 27-11-2021

I transferred all the money for my house (plus legal fees) to my solicitor this morning. It was horrifying to watch all the money disappear into the ether, but I was happy when I got the message that it had all arrived!

My poor bank balance though... Rather shocking to see 80% of it gone in a click of the bank teller's mouse  Cry

RE: What's made you happy today? - Moth - 27-11-2021

Snow!

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 27-11-2021

(27-11-2021, 01:09 AM)Proserpina Wrote: I transferred all the money for my house (plus legal fees) to my solicitor this morning. It was horrifying to watch all the money disappear into the ether, but I was happy when I got the message that it had all arrived!

My poor bank balance though... Rather shocking to see 80% of it gone in a click of the bank teller's mouse  Cry

It's for a good cause Pros - it will be ok! Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 27-11-2021

(27-11-2021, 01:09 AM)Proserpina Wrote: I transferred all the money for my house (plus legal fees) to my solicitor this morning. It was horrifying to watch all the money disappear into the ether, but I was happy when I got the message that it had all arrived!

I know the feeling, felt like that when I had to pay a shed load of dosh in IHT to tax man on MiL estate. Take heart Pros, you will have something tangible at the end, my dosh went into a black hole! Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Vinny - 27-11-2021

Happiness is in the simple things for me. Rolleyes Like taking one potato from allotment along with one leek and creating a tasty, filling, leek and potato soup.  Cool

Even nicer was sitting in front of the blazing woodburner enjoying it when the weather outside is pants! Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 28-11-2021

Cattle trough strapped to the roof of the car! Woohoo...scarlet will soon have a pond Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 28-11-2021

(28-11-2021, 06:47 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Cattle trough strapped to the roof of the car! Woohoo...scarlet will soon have a pond Smile

Hmm, I also snook a Christmas tree in - I love Christmas!