Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 22-09-2021

I know I'm always going about freebies but today something happened I didn't expect!
Somebody wanted a heated hairbrush and I had one cluttering up the cupboard with some tongs - so I left them outside the front door for collection. I've just been "round the front" and found a bouquet of Sunflowers. Big Grin
They're my favourite happy flower and I really struggle to grow them (as you know!). They've made my day. Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 22-09-2021

First dusting of snow on the mountains and after a chilly night it is warm enough down here to garden in shorts again.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 22-09-2021

My days getting better by the hour!
A friend with an allotment just arrived with a bootful of runner beans - filled 3 binbags! I've dropped off beans on 2 neighbours and 2 dog walking passers-by. Just another binbag to split and deliver to more neighbours!
He also brought 2 magnificent red cabbages - better than any I've ever grown.
How can first year growers be so good at growing veg?

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 01:43 PM)Veggie Wrote: My days getting better by the hour!
A friend with an allotment just arrived with a bootful of runner beans - filled 3 binbags! I've dropped off beans on 2 neighbours and 2 dog walking passers-by. Just another binbag to split and deliver to more neighbours!
He also brought 2 magnificent red cabbages - better than any I've ever grown.
How can first year growers be so good at growing veg?

Makes you sick! Not the delivering but the success story. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 30-09-2021

Sitting outside a cafe having a coffee with friends - the first time we've been 'out' since the pandemic started.
We took some local friends to visit Ainsa in Spain for the first time. The Spanish side of the mountains is completely different to ours (climate & landscape) so I was very happy that after bigging it up we entered the 3km long tunnel on the French side in dense fog and emerged on the Spanish side in blazing sunshine.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 04-10-2021

My Afternoon Treat Prize was delivered. I'd show you a photo but I'd eaten some of it before I thought about it! There's even less of it now.Wink
I still have a gooey cake, a fruit scone with jam and fresh cream, chocolate cake, iced cake, some gooey fancy biscuits, lots of tiny marshmallows. Did someone mention a dieting thread. Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - Small chilli - 24-10-2021

We’re having takeout pizza from the mobile pizza place that will be in the village this evening. We’ve got a very kind neighbour collecting and dropping it in our post box fr us. Ordered & paid online explaining we’re isolating. We’re getting a complementary free garlic bread to aid recovery. That’s so sweet  Blush .

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 24-10-2021

Remember, you're supposed to rub the garlic bread on your chest, not eat it. Big Grin
Hope you're both feeling better SC.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Small chilli - 03-11-2021

Winning seed competitions  Cool  Heart

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 03-11-2021

Wow!! Which one?
Its OK = I've seen which one. Big Grin
You said you needed more sweetpeas. Big Grin