Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 10-07-2021

My toms are starting to turn red Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 27-07-2021

Met up with a friend this afternoon. Other than a couple of work friends I've made along the way, it's the first time I've had a proper face-to-face chat with a friend since June 2019 due to me being out of the country, then moving to random parts of the UK, then my friends being spread around all over, and then COVID. More than two years making do with sporadic WhatsApp... Makes me sad that I've been (and probably will continue to be) so isolated, but happy that I managed a proper catch-up with a good friend today.

And, completely randomly, the person at the next table in the hospital coffee shop (because it was on work time, due to the friend also being a mentor) happened to be an old friend from sixth-form that I haven't seen in over ten years (though we had been friends for about ten years at the point I last saw her). So glad I recognised her as she didn't spot me at all! We have exchanged numbers and will hopefully have proper catch-up soon.

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 27-07-2021

Onions in a biodegradable fillet rather than a plastic one.

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 27-07-2021

Waking up quite early (for me!) and walking down the garden with a coffee in my hand, collecting the eggs from the chickens Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 28-07-2021

Hey Sarriss, good to see you back..........that could be my happy thing todaySmile

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 29-07-2021

(28-07-2021, 09:26 AM)JJB Wrote: Hey Sarriss, good to see you back..........that could be my happy thing todaySmile

Awww thank you JJB Smile I've got moved, but bearing the scars of the most stressful house sale/house buy I've ever experienced. The house market is moving so fast here that houses have offers agreed before they even hit the open market.

We've found a gorgeous bungalow with a beautiful garden - I will post pics as soon as I can. I'm having problems with ordering broadband too, so until that gets sorted, I'm tethering off my mobile.

My happy moment today was when I was overlooking, what feels a vast expanse of grass with a pond plonked in the middle, knowing that I get to design how I want that garden to look. That's a post that I'm about to post too lol I will need your help Smile

Lovely to be back, and I hope to attend with more regularity shortly Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 30-07-2021

(29-07-2021, 10:38 PM)SarrissUK Wrote:
(28-07-2021, 09:26 AM)JJB Wrote: Hey Sarriss, good to see you back..........that could be my happy thing todaySmile

Awww thank you JJB Smile I've got moved, but bearing the scars of the most stressful house sale/house buy I've ever experienced. The house market is moving so fast here that houses have offers agreed before they even hit the open market.

We've found a gorgeous bungalow with a beautiful garden - I will post pics as soon as I can. I'm having problems with ordering broadband too, so until that gets sorted, I'm tethering off my mobile.

My happy moment today was when I was overlooking, what feels a vast expanse of grass with a pond plonked in the middle, knowing that I get to design how I want that garden to look. That's a post that I'm about to post too lol I will need your help Smile

Lovely to be back, and I hope to attend with more regularity shortly Smile
 Congratulations on your new acquisition Sarriss many happy days planning your new garden

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 30-07-2021

The housing market is awful right now, isn't it? Well done on getting into your new home though! I had an offer accepted in May and am just hoping it all goes through okay (my vendor is buying a new build that isn't finished yet, so I'll be waiting some time yet). I would hate to have to start house hunting again now, as it really was a pretty miserable experience and I was so relieved to get the house I'm hopefully getting!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Small chilli - 31-07-2021

Bob came home with a white buddleia branch for cuttings. Fingers crossed they take .

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 31-07-2021

My Water butts are full Big Grin