Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 03-06-2020

Its rained most of the day here my butts are full again Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 03-06-2020

(03-06-2020, 05:18 PM)JJB Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 01:47 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 09:59 AM)JJB Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 09:50 AM)Veggie Wrote: It's raining!! Smile

YAY,  but how much?  We've only had a sprinkle here, just enough to darken the soil but unfortunately not enough to soak anything.  I continue to hope for more.
Where abouts in wilts are you? Raining here now....not heavy but it's looking to be a decent amount. I'm in Melksham.....

I think it may half fill up the water butts Smile

Just outside of Salisbury near Porton Down.  Rain never really reached us, a few spits and spots and a really overcast day, but I live in hope.  I can see Southampton got a good dollop but it missed us. Sad
I spoke to soon...we got hardly anything!

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 03-06-2020

What made me happy today? I got home from work, found that my order for Daubenton, Taunton Deane, & Panaché Daubenton kale cuttings have arrived!

I was a in a rush really, so had to get the dogs out for a run, then I was off to a friend's house for tea - first proper girly catch up since lockdown. I still found time to carefully unwrap them all and get them into some fresh water.

I've been wanting these for a couple of years, but either not had the money to splash, or the wrong time of year to buy them. Very pleased Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 04-06-2020

Free wood Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Admin - 06-06-2020

Lifted some volunteer Charlotte's today, steamed them and served with salted butter. Best potatoes I've never grown Wink

RE: What's made you happy today? - MartinH - 06-06-2020

I emptied my first pot of Charlotte potatoes today and we had some with our dinner this evening. Lovely! Probably my favourite potato (which of course is why I grow them Smile)

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 07-06-2020

My water butts are full too! And this afternoon I'm trading fifteen spare tomato plants for a Tetrapanax papyrifera Rex which will look great in my tropical border.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 08-06-2020

Finding SPs Lupin seeds from last years flower seed swap Smile now sown and in my prop.! Fingers crossed I may get a purple one.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Small chilli - 08-06-2020

(08-06-2020, 07:14 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Finding SPs Lupin seeds from last years flower seed swap Smile now sown and in my prop.! Fingers crossed I may get a purple one.
I’d forgotten about them  Blush . I’ll still save you some more. I think you have a mix of 3, the purple and light & dark pink

RE: What's made you happy today? - Neffa - 08-06-2020

Will you lot please stop saying how lovely your Charlottes were because I’m happy that my one spud per MFB are flowering.
Yums will wait for a little while.

Go flowers. Go flowers. Go. Go. Go.