Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 20-05-2021

My wife's face when she opened her birthday presents from me and found a few surprises

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 22-05-2021

I was pleasantly surprised today to see that the asparagus I sowed from seed last year then transplanted has finally decided to push up some tiny spearsSmile

As I'd given up on it and earmarked the bed for another purpose I will need to juggle things around, but juggle I willSmile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 23-05-2021

Youngest grandsons were down today, so good to see them and seeing them fair brightens the day, also someone has made an enquiry about a couch that I want away, it's hardly been used, but due to the fact there is no fire label on it charity shops won't take it, I can sell it or give it away myself but charity shops can't take it, even offered to print and glue a label on (neighbour has a similar couch) but no, so much for recycle, reuse

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 24-05-2021

I have had a dispute with Sky recently, I had changed over to them recently and was put on a charge per call rate, rather than calls anytime, must admit my mistake for not checking when I got the agreement through by email, also for not picking it up quicker, but made the complaint and asked them to check the recorded conversation where I made the request for conditions, was told I was too late, but they would look into it, got a phone call today telling me that though I was too late, they would re pay what I considered I was overcharged, they could have said tuff luck I should have paid more attention, but cannot thank them enough and praise them for such good customer care, definitely with service like that I strongly recommend them

RE: What's made you happy today? - Mikey - 24-05-2021

Today was DD’s last GCSEs exams and before anyone says they aren’t sitting any this year. She’s sat 33 exams in the last 7 weeks, she’s shattered and I don’t blame her. She’s earned some well deserved R&R. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 29-05-2021

Another surprising day trip - to a charity plant sale in a local front garden. The main event was last weekend, with tea and cakes and lots of plants - but the rain stopped lots of visitors - so there were lots of plants leftover. Today, they were on offer for donations to Alzheimer's Charity - money through the letterbox!.
I was like a child in a sweetshop - nobody else there so I could take as long as l wanted.
Its odd how the plants everyone else has too many of are the ones I struggle to grow.
Filled my boot with Kaffir Lilies, Large poppies, Blue Iris, Rudbeckia, Day lilies (Cream & Maroon & Orange & Purple Striped), Angelica, Sunflowers, Antirrhinums with dark purple leaves, Morning Glory, yellow Water lilies, Umbrella grass and an Avocado.
A perfect way to spend the morning and hours of fun trying to decide where to plant them all. Smile

So far, they've raised over £1800. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 29-05-2021

An outdoor social event in the village hall carpark today.
People, drink, food (friends launching their food truck business) chatter, children running around.
Quite overwhelming - the last one was in June 2019.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Vinny - 29-05-2021

(29-05-2021, 02:33 PM)Veggie Wrote: Another surprising day trip - to a charity plant sale in a local front garden. The main event was last weekend, with tea and cakes and lots of plants - but the rain stopped lots of visitors - so there were lots of plants leftover. Today, they were on offer for donations to Alzheimer's Charity - money through the letterbox!.
I was like a child in a sweetshop - nobody else there so I could take as long as l wanted.
Its odd how the plants everyone else has too many of are the ones I struggle to grow.
Filled my boot with Kaffir Lilies, Large poppies, Blue Iris, Rudbeckia, Day lilies (Cream & Maroon & Orange & Purple Striped), Angelica, Sunflowers, Antirrhinums with dark purple leaves, Morning Glory, yellow Water lilies, Umbrella grass and an Avocado.
A perfect way to spend the morning and hours of fun trying to decide where to plant them all. Smile

So far, they've raised over £1800. Smile
I wonder how much of the £1800 came from your purse? Rolleyes

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 29-05-2021

It was £1800 before I made my donation!!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 29-05-2021

How much was it after?!