Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 10-05-2021

(10-05-2021, 09:14 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Dahlias are all sprouting, greenhouse is chockablock with plants. I have been a bit lax on the toms- difficult with not having any access onto the garden but I'm getting very excited with the thought of planting it all out! Be prepared to be bombarded by photos peeps Big Grin

We love photos Scarlet, looking forward to them.  It's like sitting on the top deck of the bus looking into other people's gardens, it satisfies the 'nosy' side of us.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 12-05-2021

I went for a walk around a nearby park today. It might not sound like much but apart from work and grocery shopping, I've only left home four times since I had COVID at Christmas and those were three trips to view houses for sale and one trip for a vaccine. It was nice to do something that was just for fun. I wasn't expecting much from the park as it's not in a very nice area, but it was actually very pleasant and much bigger than I expected with lots of trees in bloom - I suspect there may be some decent foraging a little later in the year. There were also lots of birds about. I didn't stay out terribly long as I didn't want to overdo it (I ended up needing a two-hour nap this afternoon as it was) but I managed to find a couple of Geocaches along the way.

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 13-05-2021

I've found a playmate.
Nextdoor but one have a huge garden and not a lot of time. They keep it mowed and a couple of chickens (Nimrod and Enigma), they have a gh but don't really use it. The lady of the house is eager to grow a few veg in a couple of newly made small RBs and to have toms etc in tubs in the gh.
She is a complete newbie and is so happy to be able to talk growing and find someone to advise. It makes me feel a little old, dispensing wisdom to the young(ish) but at least some of my plants are going to a good home. The upside is she barters with eggs and is effusive with appreciation. Win Win

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 13-05-2021

(13-05-2021, 08:43 AM)JJB Wrote: I've found a playmate.
Nextdoor but one have a huge garden and not a lot of time.  They keep it mowed and a couple of chickens (Nimrod and Enigma), they have a gh but don't really use it.  The lady of the house is eager to grow a few veg in a couple of newly made small RBs and to have toms etc in tubs in the gh.
She is a complete newbie and is so happy to be able to talk growing and find someone to advise.  It makes me feel a little old, dispensing wisdom to the young(ish) but at least some of my plants are going to a good home. The upside is she barters with eggs and is effusive with appreciation.  Win Win
Nice one Jen enjoySmile

Mrs B has an interview tomorrow Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 13-05-2021

Spotted a glow worm larvae this morning.
There seem to be very few of them now, but almost no slugs either. I have mixed feelings about this as no slugs/snails = no glow worms, and I haven't seen a hedgehog yet this year either Sad 
Sorry, supposed to be a happy thread!!

The first of my young old roses has come into flower.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 13-05-2021

You probably won't remember but the C key on my laptop fell off and ouldn't be repla ed so, to save buying a new omputer I've been using an old wired keyboard.
Someone local on a freebie site was giving away a wireless keyboard and mouse (no dongle) that I've "won" - thinking that I'm sure to be able to buy a suitable dongle thingy.
The keyboard/mouse has never been used, still taped up and guess what I found.................the dongle was inside the battery compartment. Smile
Its like having a new computer and I have a free USB port again. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 13-05-2021

(13-05-2021, 12:34 PM)Broadway Wrote: Mrs B has an interview tomorrow Smile

Fingers crossed for Mrs B.

Are you aiming to be a kept man Danny? Big Grin
Paul never like being at home by himself when I was working and he had retired.  Much nicer now,  both being lazy together. Smile

(13-05-2021, 03:40 PM)JJB Wrote:
(13-05-2021, 12:34 PM)Broadway Wrote: Mrs B has an interview tomorrow Smile

Fingers crossed for Mrs B.

Are you aiming to be a kept man Danny? Big Grin
Paul never like being at home by himself when I was working and he had retired.  Much nicer now,  both being lazy together. Smile
I've always been the toyboy kept gigalo typeSmileSmileSmile

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 15-05-2021

My neighbour turning up with 6 marmande tomato plants because he knew I was having a mare with tomatoes this year. And being able to retaliate with a fatalii rose chilli and Turkish orange aubergine, neither of which he'd come across before.