Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 18-04-2021

(18-04-2021, 11:24 AM)Proserpina Wrote: I had a message from my Mum yesterday that she was coming to the hospital (where I live) for a scan and did I want to have an outdoor meeting afterwards?

So, I got to spend an hour chatting to my parents outside on a nice sunny (but chilly) day Smile I last saw them when I chatted to them through the window a couple of days after Christmas (when I was isolating with COVID and they dropped some food off to keep me going), so it was lovely to see them again.
Nice one ProserpinaSmile

I'm hoping to see my mum maybe June ish, not seen her for over a year! I've missed the shouting and constant what's SmileSmile

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 18-04-2021

The weather was lovely today and we were able to have our lunch outside (and sat sunning ourselves) for the first time this year.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 19-04-2021

Suns out again....off to pot up some plants. How many dahlias can one garden cope with??

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 19-04-2021

I'm happy, I've got my shorts out and on. I'm not too sure the neighbours are happy as well though Big Grin not a pretty sight.

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 19-04-2021

Sittng beside the pond, cuppa in hand and I just heard the first cuckoo calling from the woods.

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 19-04-2021

I have a flower bud on my clematis, Guernsey Cream. I hope it survives the cold nights, it has up till now, so there's hope

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 19-04-2021

Just spending time in the garden  Cool   in my shorts and t-shirt.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 19-04-2021

I dug some carrots yesterday, they had lots of greenery but the carrots were not very big, I brought them in and washed them then put them in the steamer. They were inedible as the centre was as hard as rock, looked at some raw ones and found something similar, so I pulled them all and dumped them n the composter. I checked one of the other carrot beds and found they were ‘Normal’. One observation was the inedible ones had loads of side roots almost like hair growing from them.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 19-04-2021

^^^ That made you happy, Can?Wink

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 19-04-2021

(19-04-2021, 09:01 PM)Veggie Wrote: ^^^ That made you happy, Can?Wink
Yes and no, I posted on the wrong thread first so I reposted on the what I did today thread. In a way I’m glad as I was fed up with these carrots not producing so ripping them out gave me great satisfaction