Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Small chilli - 01-04-2021

The sun came back, not seen that for over a week.
Discovered Mrs blackbird is nesting in the box I made for her again. See didn’t use it last year.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 01-04-2021

The first tomato seed has sprouted!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 02-04-2021

My rhubarb isn't dead!

Mr E was raking over the area where we plan to sow the new lawn (when the sub-zero temperatures have passed) and found a fat pink bud that even he recognised as rhubarb. I've placed some large white stones around it that we brought back from the seaside many years ago, so we don't forget where it is and hoe it off!

At this rate it's going to be a couple of years before it's established enough to harvest, but at least it's alive Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 02-04-2021

Three more tomatoes are sprouting! That's four seeds sprouted from two different varieties, out of the 12 seeds from four varieties (sent to me by TMTT) that I sowed just over a week ago. And my pea shoots aren't too far off harvesting either.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 02-04-2021

No.2 son is here for Easter, the first time we have spent time with our 2 sons in over a year. (Strictly speaking I'm not sure if he should be here but we are not going anywhere)

Mrs. B is taking them both back to London on Monday as No.2 goes back to work on Tuesday, I will miss him.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 03-04-2021

In another turn up for the books, my Kermit aubergines have germinated! Well, two of them anyway.

I'd taken the pots out of the propagator and left them on the conservatory floor, and when I went to tidy them away today, I saw two little pairs of green leaves on the surface! They're now watered and sitting with the tomatoes Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 04-04-2021

Spotting a self seeded Thyme plant growing in a lavender pot, its now been potted up and looks healthy.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 10-04-2021

The fruit bushes were alive with bees - so many different kinds! Big fluffy bottomed ones, ginger ones, honey bees, wasps and some tiny black bees. 
I pulled up a chair and sat in the middle of the fruit bushes, surrounded by activity, listening to their murmuring and the beat of their wings.
If anyone had seen me they would have thought I'd really lost it................but I don't care. Wink If the sun's out again tomorrow I'll be back in the bushes, idling my time away.

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 10-04-2021

Passing on some cowslips to a friend as I had to move and split a clump gifted from another friend.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 11-04-2021

10 out of the 12 TMTT tomato seeds I sowed are up and looking healthy. I will probably pot them on before they have any true leaves as their current container doesn't fit on the window ledge so they are in danger of getting a bit leggy. If they all survive, I am going to have to claim the kitchen window sill as well as the ones in my room and the living room. Still, I'm sure tomato plants are far less annoying than my irritating flatmate's habits!