Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 24-03-2021

I received a very exciting envelope today: four varieties of micro-dwarf tomatoes from TMTT!

I have some cress and pea-shoots growing (and have stuffed some shop-bought spring onions in a jar of compost to see if they do better than prior attempts to keep them in water that have always resulted in smelly slimy onions), but tomatoes feel like proper gardening! I am so excited and so grateful to the lovely TMTT Smile

I have a specialty study day tomorrow, which in modern times has to be done online from my room. So in between sessions, I am going to try and construct my knocked-together propagator. I have two designs in my mind - one involves a mini hot water bottle (with hot but not boiling water) in a tin foil lined cardboard box, and the other involves a large metal tin (from powdered milk) sealed with a glass jar with warm water inside. As long as I don't use water that's very hot, I think they will work quite well.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 28-03-2021

All 6 of my okra seeds have germinated! The seedlings are quite big, so as soon as they've all fully emerged I'm going to prick them out into separate pots.

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 29-03-2021

Had a call from the hairdresser offering a haircut appointment. It made my day. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Norfolk Grey - 29-03-2021

You lot. You always make me laugh whenever I pop in.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 29-03-2021

Make me happy when you pop in, NG.Smile
Any seeds you want to swap??? Random commercial seed swap closing next week.Wink

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 29-03-2021

(29-03-2021, 11:07 AM)JJB Wrote: Had a call from the hairdresser offering a haircut appointment.  It made my day. Smile
As did Mrs B......

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 30-03-2021

The warm weather!!! Woweee gorgeous today.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 30-03-2021

It’s a t-shirt and shorts day Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 01-04-2021

I ordered some onions sets from DTBrown with their special BOGOF offer - buy any 2, get the cheapest free.
A 250g bag of sets = approx 80 sets so I expected to grow about 160 onions this year and that's going to be more than I need..

They've just arrived with a little note -
"As we are getting towards the end of despatches for onion and shallot sets, you may find a few rotten sets within the pack. This, unfortunately , is unavoidable at this time of year, so to help compensate for this, we're enclosing another pack to ensure you have plenty of quality sets to plant."

Space needed for 320 onions!!!
Can't fault DTBrown's customer service. Smile

PS They all look fine - no sign of rotting or sprouting.

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 01-04-2021

Three swallowtail butterflies cavorting, and blossom and green shoots everywhere.
Warm enough to eat outside every evening since the clocks changed - that's usually a sign for cold and wet weather to arrive!