Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Admin - 05-03-2021

Great news Jay....nothing better than grandkids, mainly because you can give them back Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - Jay - 05-03-2021

Thanks everyone, so exciting!! Miss not being able to visit, we will be virtual grandparents until the Scottish border opens up again!! Sad

RE: What's made you happy today? - Mark_Riga - 06-03-2021

Looked in the poly-tunnel to get some broccoli for dinner. There was a blackbird cackling at the far end but also a much smaller bird flitted. It was a wren that I hadn't seen since Christmas. Hopefully it has been helping to keep the pests down in there. Don't know if they are as good as ladybirds.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 08-03-2021

Mrs B had her vaccineSmile

No.2 son had a call with work and will be starting back in London on 12th April. Happy for him but also sad he'll be leaving us.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 08-03-2021

After 11 days my San Marzano Toms have finally popped their heads above the compost. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 08-03-2021

I have nascent tomato flower buds.

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 08-03-2021

(06-03-2021, 11:54 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: Looked in the poly-tunnel to get some broccoli for dinner. There was a blackbird cackling at the far end but also a much smaller bird flitted. It was a wren that I hadn't seen since Christmas. Hopefully it has been helping to keep the pests down in there. Don't know if they are as good as ladybirds.

I opened the shed yesterday and was wary of scurrying sounds, thinking rodents, but no Mrs Wren had made the mistake of being nosy and got locked in overnight.  She was very pleased to escape.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 13-03-2021

I received some tomato seeds in the post - a little gift that has really made my week. Super chuffed and they are already in the propagator!! Thank you so much TMTT

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 20-03-2021

My neighbour's cat, who spends as much time on our sofa as our cat will allow, returned home, just ambled in after EIGHTEEN months away.
He has always been a wanderer and is pretty self sufficient after being abandoned by another neighbour as a young cat, but to come back after all this time! Now I worry that another family thinks they've lost their cat, but given that he still has all his tackle maybe he's just been cruising Smile We will have to enjoy his presence until he disappears again.

And that last try in Paris.

RE: What's made you happy today? - doublyjonah - 21-03-2021

We packed our stuff for the allotment this morning, and then I realized I couldn't find my keys (house and allotment). I spent hours looking for them. They fell out of the last article of clothing left in the house, which somehow missed the other two passes. Not so much happy as mightily relieved, but there we are.