Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 28-02-2021

Auto vents in the greenhouse working OK, all 8 windows open today

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 28-02-2021

I have down some cress and some microgreens. It's not a lot, but it's something!

I'd rather fancy doing a little windowsill bush tomato if I thought I could lay my hands on a decent size container. The cress and microgreens are growing in a (plastic) eggbox lid and Philadelphia tub respectively, so I will keep an eye out for foodstuffs at the supermarket with appropriately sized reusable containers.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 28-02-2021

^^^^ Large yogurt pots maybe?

My Happy - Received my 2nd Covid jab and the sun is still shining. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 28-02-2021

It's good to see our old folk getting protectionSmile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 28-02-2021

Had a flying visit from my son and granddaughter

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 28-02-2021

Gave my son a few cabbage plants, also took measurements for some new outdoor raised beds and garage doors.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 01-03-2021

I got a delivery date for my mason bee cocoons - 24th-26th March!

I signed up to be a "bee guardian" last year, which meant I got a kit with a release box and nesting equipment (which I need to put up soon!), with the cocoons to follow. Red mason bees are solitary and don't sting, so they're perfect for a small garden. I've seen them in the wild around here, so I'm hoping they'll be happy feasting on my broad bean and squash flowers!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Small chilli - 01-03-2021

(01-03-2021, 09:59 AM)Eyren Wrote: I got a delivery date for my mason bee cocoons - 24th-26th March!

I signed up to be a "bee guardian" last year, which meant I got a kit with a release box and nesting equipment (which I need to put up soon!), with the cocoons to follow. Red mason bees are solitary and don't sting, so they're perfect for a small garden. I've seen them in the wild around here, so I'm hoping they'll be happy feasting on my broad bean and squash flowers!
That’s brilliant  Cool . Any chance of a link or point me in the right direction. I’d love to be a bee guardian. 

my happy is my sweet pepper Amy has germinated. Thank you TMTT  Smile .

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 01-03-2021

(01-03-2021, 10:28 AM)Small chilli Wrote: That’s brilliant  Cool . Any chance of a link or point me in the right direction. I’d love to be a bee guardian.

Sure - it's Mason Bees UK

The guardian scheme is closed for this year, but you can still get the starter kit with nesting tubes, etc - they favour replaceable cardboard tubes instead of permanent wooden nest boxes, to minimise problems with parasites and disease. The scheme may reopen later in the year but there's no guarantee of that, since numbers are dependent on how many cocoons are returned by current guardians.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 01-03-2021

Wife's new car dropped offSmile

Alcohol free beer 1/2 price in SainsburysSmileSmile