Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 26-02-2021

Getting a negative Covid test, booking my Jab then going a walk in the sunshine.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 26-02-2021

(26-02-2021, 04:07 PM)Spec Wrote: I managed to get my new shelving made today, the lower shelf can be raised up or removed when I plant my tomatoes, actually both shelves can be lifted out if required, and the support frame used for support for the tomatoes
Nice one SpecSmile

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 26-02-2021

Hummingbird hawkmoth on the peach blossom. A reminder to never go in the garden without a camera.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 26-02-2021

Putting a Box of 13 books outside the gate with a "Take Me I'm Free" sign and 8 of them have been taken. I'll find a few more books to put out with the remainder tomorrow - weather permitting.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 27-02-2021

The blue sky today! Just made me feel all bubbly inside Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 27-02-2021

Sure its not Prosecco, Scarlet. Wink
Blue sky here too - washing machine on to celebrate!!!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 27-02-2021

I managed to get one of the last bags of compost left in Tesco this afternoon. I'm pretty sure it only went out on Thursday, so I am lucky I got there in time today. I don't think there will be any left by now. It was £4 for 40L or £6 for two bags, but I barely managed to get the single 40L bag home so no way I would have managed two. I'm sure I've lugged 60L (in three bags) home, along with a rucksack of grocery shopping, more than once a few years ago but there's not a chance I could do that post-COVID. As it was, I had to stop several times on the (usually) 10-minute walk back from Tesco, including a five-minute sit-down at a bus stop halfway. The worst thing about carrying bags of compost is that they start out one shape (that nice tight flat rectangle) but the bag becomes increasingly globular the further you go and therefore harder to wrap your arms around.

I feel pretty wiped out now, but looking forward to having a look at my seeds and deciding what I might sow tomorrow. Definitely makes me happy to think I might be able to grow even a bit of cress.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 27-02-2021

Some of the poireau perpétuel perennial leeks, wild garlic, and broad beans have popped their heads out to say helloSmile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Vinny - 27-02-2021

(27-02-2021, 06:49 PM)Broadway Wrote: Some of the poireau perpétuel perennial leeks, wild garlic, and broad beans have popped their heads out to say helloSmile
I also have Ramson's in my propagator and it stinks of garlic. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 27-02-2021

Three washing machine loads of washing dried in the sun today. I've almost caught up on the winter backlog of dirty washing now!
Also saw my first big bumble bee of the year. Smile