Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Vinny - 31-05-2020

Watched a House Sparrow feeding her baby tit bits on the lawn. Cool

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 31-05-2020

I have just had my head inside my wormery enjoying the sounds of a huge mass of worms going about their day. If I had a decent microphone, I could record it as worm ASMR Big Grin

Neffa - Neffa - 31-05-2020

Maggie the Sag has no shame!

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 31-05-2020

(31-05-2020, 02:11 PM)Proserpina Wrote: I have just had my head inside my wormery enjoying the sounds of a huge mass of worms going about their day. If I had a decent microphone, I could record it as worm ASMR Big Grin

haha something I never thought I'd hear mentioned!!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Neffa - 01-06-2020

What’s makes me happy is that I realised today that I live up to the 1960’s stereotype of being a dumb (natural) blond.
Imagine the scene.
I’m watering 5he garden which is North facing as the shadows encroach.
The hose is long enough to do from here to Outer Mongolia.
The water pressure was going down so I’m muttering about inconsiderate paddling pool owners etc.
Water fizzled out.
Checked for leaks. Checked kitchen tap. Nope pressure fine.

Whoop whoop I’d turned the piggin tap off while I waited for more shadows to bathe my plants in shade.

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 01-06-2020

Don't worry Neffa, we all have them, only I have blonde moments combined with geriatric moments.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 01-06-2020

(25-05-2020, 02:22 PM)Veggie Wrote: A blackbird flew out of the soft fruit bed.
I said to her, in my best voice, "You norty bird, I know what you're eating!".
Then I noticed her perfect nest, about 2 foot above ground, one side against the chicken wire fence, probably resting on a fruit bush of some kind.
The icing on the cake - 4 beautiful blue eggs.Smile
I'll stay away from the area until she's finished with it - she can eat as much fruit as she likes.
I had a sneaky look at the nest whilst checking out the gooseberries. Saw one gaping beak on a feathered baby. There may have been more but I didn't want to disturb them. Pleased that at least one of them has survived.  Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 01-06-2020

I just harvested  some cabbages and freed up space for new cabbage plants. I also collected a nice bunch of strawberries

[attachment=309]
[attachment=310]
[attachment=311]

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 01-06-2020

Wow, that's some cabbage Can!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020, 10:58 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Wow, that's some cabbage Can!
There’s 4 heads in it, I cleaned and boiled them up tonight, enough for 3 x double dinners ( me and the wife), so 2 are frozen for future use and 1 for tomorrow. I like me to do this in advance with cabbage and kale because my wife won’t handle it. She doesn’t like the texture - did you ever hear such rubbish. Anyway it mans I do it my way and make sure it’s not over cooked.