Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Vinny - 24-02-2021

(24-02-2021, 07:27 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Bob spent most of yesterday and we both spent this morning (along with lots of other people) looking for the neighbours dog. Very happily found safe and well this morning.
View from a bit of our search area. As you can see , not the nicest of days.

Looks like Gods country to me having been brought up on a moorland setting myself. Glad you found the dog. Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - Vinny - 24-02-2021

I was happy for OH and myself to get the jab today. Hell of a job to get her to the Hospital and back, but hopefully well worth it ongoing. Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 24-02-2021

Saw the local barn owl again, looking huge and healthy. I wasn't so pleased that the rain set in after such a fine start this morning.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Admin - 25-02-2021

You must feel really privileged to wake up there every morning SC.....I just feel privileged to wake up!

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 25-02-2021

Another glorious sunny day brought out the first comma butterfly of the year and got MrPP out doing the first grass cut of the year. (He only 'gardens' if he can use the ride-on mower, chainsaw, chainsaw on a pole - a truly terrifying sight, or the industrial chipper!)
I now have piles of grass clippings for mulch scattered around the plot.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 25-02-2021

(25-02-2021, 04:34 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Another glorious sunny day brought out the first comma butterfly of the year and got MrPP out doing the first grass cut of the year. (He only 'gardens' if he can use the ride-on mower, chainsaw, chainsaw on a pole - a truly terrifying sight, or the industrial chipper!)
I now have piles of grass clippings for mulch scattered around the plot.

Men and their toys  Rolleyes Mr E bought a steam cleaner for the kitchen floor because it's more fun (for him) than a mop!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 25-02-2021

Rather dull, but today my two new doormats arrived, which means I can put them down as soon as Mr E has cleaned the conservatory floor and hopefully reduce the amount of mud that gets tracked in. One is a pretty machine-washable mat for inside, the other is a "Mud Hog" for outside - made from recycled fishing net!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Proserpina - 25-02-2021

The rubbish little Tesco where I have to do my grocery shopping (only place in walking distance) has bags of multi-purpose compost in stock right now. It's not the cheapest, but if I can buy some before it all sells then I can get some seeds started on my windowsill! I can't grow anything fancy and am going to have to utilise a variety of used yoghurt pots and similar to grow in, but I reckon I could at least get some salad greens and cress going. I'd already got a basket full of shopping before I spotted it (near the exit), so I couldn't carry compost as well. I may have to go back tomorrow evening as I would be absolutely gutted if it were all sold by the time I get there at the weekend.

I just really hope it's not full of gnats as it will have to be stored in my room!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 26-02-2021

(25-02-2021, 08:55 PM)Proserpina Wrote: The rubbish little Tesco where I have to do my grocery shopping (only place in walking distance) has bags of multi-purpose compost in stock right now. It's not the cheapest, but if I can buy some before it all sells then I can get some seeds started on my windowsill! I can't grow anything fancy and am going to have to utilise a variety of used yoghurt pots and similar to grow in, but I reckon I could at least get some salad greens and cress going. I'd already got a basket full of shopping before I spotted it (near the exit), so I couldn't carry compost as well. I may have to go back tomorrow evening as I would be absolutely gutted if it were all sold by the time I get there at the weekend.

I just really hope it's not full of gnats as it will have to be stored in my room!

The nearest Tesco to me has 2 40lt MP compost bags for £6 I think there is also 2 30lt seed and cutting compost for £5

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 26-02-2021

[attachment=2257]I managed to get my new shelving made today, the lower shelf can be raised up or removed when I plant my tomatoes, actually both shelves can be lifted out if required, and the support frame used for support for the tomatoes