Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 10-02-2021

My new seed storage arrived today!

[attachment=2166]

Last year I used two 6-unit photo boxes, but a) I was running out of space and b) carrying two boxes around was a bit cumbersome. The suitcase version has four extra units and they're rainbow-coloured, which makes me happy and makes it easier to select the right box.

Now I just have to work out how to stop buying seeds...

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 10-02-2021

(10-02-2021, 02:46 PM)Eyren Wrote: My new seed storage arrived today!

Last year I used two 6-unit photo boxes, but a) I was running out of space and b) carrying two boxes around was a bit cumbersome. The suitcase version has four extra units and they're rainbow-coloured, which makes me happy and makes it easier to select the right box.

Now I just have to work out how to stop buying seeds...
I got something new for my birthday today, I choose it, but I prefer yours EyrenSmile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 10-02-2021

(10-02-2021, 02:55 PM)Broadway Wrote: I got something new for my birthday today, I choose it, but I prefer yours EyrenSmile

Happy birthday!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 12-02-2021

Received a new hearing aid in the post this morning, badly needed as OH said I had one of the TVs voluum turned up to 25, she normally has it at 11/12

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 12-02-2021

Our boiler has been fixed!!   Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

Soon my breath will no longer be visible when I enter the kitchen, the cooking oil will be transparent once more, and my cat will hopefully stop pestering me for body heat in the middle of Zoom meetings!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 15-02-2021

This is a combination of happy and panicked - our new conservatory is going to be built starting the middle of this week!

Happy, because it means it will be finished well before I need to start planting spring crops; panicked because I only have a couple of days to get all the c%@p cleared out of the old conservatory before they arrive!  Cry

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 15-02-2021

It was sunny yesterday, it is sunny today, and the forecast for the next fornight is sun with temperatures up to 20. Spring has sprung (for now!).

RE: What's made you happy today? - Eyren - 15-02-2021

(15-02-2021, 11:29 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: It was sunny yesterday, it is sunny today, and the forecast for the next fornight is sun with temperatures up to 20. Spring has sprung (for now!).

I'm envious! We're still at the time of year when we can have sunshine or warmth but not both!

Mr E and I used to regularly visit Barcelona in mid-February for the half-marathon, and we were always tickled by the fact that we'd be strolling around in t-shirts enjoying the spring sunshine while the locals were bundled up in padded overcoats Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 15-02-2021

(15-02-2021, 12:07 PM)Eyren Wrote:
(15-02-2021, 11:29 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: It was sunny yesterday, it is sunny today, and the forecast for the next fornight is sun with temperatures up to 20. Spring has sprung (for now!).

I'm envious! We're still at the time of year when we can have sunshine or warmth but not both!

Mr E and I used to regularly visit Barcelona in mid-February for the half-marathon, and we were always tickled by the fact that we'd be strolling around in t-shirts enjoying the spring sunshine while the locals were bundled up in padded overcoats Big Grin

Ha ha! Yes, when we arrived we marvelled at being able to go skiing in the morning and then garden in shorts in the afternoon. We've now acclimatised and legs don't see sunlight until we hit the mid twenties Smile Unless we have a rare easterly wind, if it is sunny it is usually warm.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Small chilli - 15-02-2021

We have running water again  Big Grin