Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 28-05-2020

A delivery of eight pallet collars from Ghexton's work, hand delivered by himself whilst I was at work. Bless him - thank you (in case he reads this). A few of them will be cut up and used for shelving under my stairs, and the rest will be donated to a good friend of mine on the allotment site I'm on. She has four.. FOUR plots!

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 29-05-2020

Again learning something new. Didn't know what a pallet collar was. Thanks Sarriss. Also the barter system with my neighbours, giving plants and receiving duck eggs, horse poo, and marmalade in return.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Admin - 29-05-2020

Itis always nice to see people sharing Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 29-05-2020

Pallet collars are great and come in all shapes. The ones I got from Ghexton are the biggest I've seen, and perfect for outside raised beds in my garden, but a tad too big for the greenhouse, so I don't get a lot of space in there to walk lol

I like the rustic look of the wood too, with the odd stamp on them (and some of them from Swedish brands!), so I much prefer that wood for my shelving than the ugly white melamine boards you can get in diy stores.The smaller cut offs will be used in the greenhouse to make a new shape of the beds in there.

When I took my plot on, there were a few old ones there that are a bit rotted, but the wood is so pretty. I reckon I will use one of them in the front garden as a frame for soil to hold some compost for my honeysuckle and clematis.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Moth - 30-05-2020

Saw the bluetit babies fledge safely this morning. Parents have taken them away off into the spinney now. Big Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - MartinH - 30-05-2020

My Rambling Rector rose looks better this year than any time previously. It is a vicious thug, far too vigorous for my little garden, but it covers the fence and the front of the shed nicely.

[attachment=243]

RE: What's made you happy today? - Jay - 30-05-2020

Watching the Osprey Cam on Woodland Trust website...1 baby Osprey so far!Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 30-05-2020

(30-05-2020, 08:41 AM)Moth Wrote: Saw the bluetit babies fledge safely this morning. Parents have taken them away off into the spinney now. Big Grin

Our babies flew a couple of days ago from the nest box near the kitchen window.  I feel quite bereft with no mum/dad going in and out with grubs.  Like sending the kids off to uni.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Moth - 31-05-2020

(30-05-2020, 10:11 AM)JJB Wrote:
(30-05-2020, 08:41 AM)Moth Wrote: Saw the bluetit babies fledge safely this morning. Parents have taken them away off into the spinney now. Big Grin

Our babies flew a couple of days ago from the nest box near the kitchen window.  I feel quite bereft with no mum/dad going in and out with grubs.  Like sending the kids off to uni.
Shortly after the bluetits left the garden, a sparrowhawk narrowly missed taking a great tit off the sunflower feeder. Amazing agility by both birds.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Stem20 - 31-05-2020

Batsford arboretum has reopened and have just spent a leisurely hour walking through. Also took the opportunity of walking father in law / oh new border terrier puppy for its
first proper walk, it’s a bit too lively at present but hopefully calm down a bit.