Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 22-01-2021

Seen the first crocus on 2021 in the garden today.
That's Snowdrops - Tick
Crocus - Tick...............

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 22-01-2021

Our little terrier was very unhappy today. Weather has been awful. She was literally covered in clumps of mud. She runs around the table so we can't catch her...Big Grin we managed to catch her and Chuck her in the shower. A shampoo, blow dry and groom Big Grin and she is strutting her stuff like a queen - I'm sure thinks it was her idea Big Grin Terriers Rule!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Jimny14 - 23-01-2021

[attachment=2042]

A nicely laid hedge

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 23-01-2021

That looks brilliant Jimny.

Thanks JJB, it helps that it was almost entirely replanted about 5 years ago. Also having a tame farmer for a father in law is very useful too.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 23-01-2021

(22-01-2021, 10:15 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Our little terrier was very unhappy today. Weather has been awful. She was literally covered in clumps of mud. She runs around the table so we can't catch her...Big Grin we managed to catch her and Chuck her in the shower. A shampoo, blow dry and groom Big Grin and she is strutting her stuff like a queen - I'm sure thinks it was her idea Big Grin Terriers Rule!
My two were in the garden last night, for their final visit, and were longer than usual. I had to go out and find them which wasn't easy as it was pitch dark. They'd been digging a hole and, like your terrier, were absolutely covered in wet claggy mud. I was too tired to bath them then but hoped it would dry overnight and brush out this morning. Wrong!!!
Ted's not too bad but Spud's face and legs had  Rasta ringlets!! I've been cutting them off him this morning!!
They did look funny though.Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 23-01-2021

(23-01-2021, 12:57 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: A nicely laid hedge
OMG! Did you do that?? I would love a hedge like that.

(23-01-2021, 02:54 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(22-01-2021, 10:15 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Our little terrier was very unhappy today. Weather has been awful. She was literally covered in clumps of mud. She runs around the table so we can't catch her...Big Grin we managed to catch her and Chuck her in the shower. A shampoo, blow dry and groom Big Grin and she is strutting her stuff like a queen - I'm sure thinks it was her idea Big Grin Terriers Rule!
My two were in the garden last night, for their final visit, and were longer than usual. I had to go out and find them which wasn't easy as it was pitch dark. They'd been digging a hole and, like your terrier, were absolutely covered in wet claggy mud. I was too tired to bath them then but hoped it would dry overnight and brush out this morning. Wrong!!!
Ted's not too bad but Spud's face and legs had  Rasta ringlets!! I've been cutting them off him this morning!!
They did look funny though.Smile
That's the word I needed - Rasta Ringlets!! Big Grin so perfect. She has those all the time - she digs, finds every bit of Fox crap, eats manure and then wants to sit next to me on the settee!

Im so ready for Spring - my kitchen is a constant mud bath.

(23-01-2021, 05:04 PM)Scarlet Wrote:

I cant take the credit, father in law and sister in law did the technical work. Weve got approx 150' or so of mixed deciduous hedge all laid now. It's mainly hawthorn, with a little field maple, hazel, guielder rose, some less wanted brambles, a random bit of lilac, a gooseberry (no idea) and a patch of something that we're not sure what it is.

(23-01-2021, 07:16 PM)Jimny14 Wrote:
(23-01-2021, 05:04 PM)Scarlet Wrote:

I cant take the credit, father in law and sister in law did the technical work. Weve got approx 150' or so of mixed deciduous hedge all laid now. It's mainly hawthorn, with a little field maple, hazel, guielder rose, some less wanted brambles, a random bit of lilac, a gooseberry (no idea) and a patch of something that we're not sure what it is.
I planted hawthorn, sloe, field maple, hazel and guelder rose - about 180? Exactly 2 years ago now.I would love to know what to do...too early to lay?

It was a cold horrible job to plant them in...was wondering this year whether the rose was a good thing to plant. It is so tall. I was wondering should I cut some of the stems out this year.