Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 12-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 09:43 AM)Small chilli Wrote: I have chilli babies  Big Grin .

I too have my very first ever chilli baby.  How long before it takes me to kill it? Cry

RE: What's made you happy today? - Moth - 12-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 10:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: My BT Broadband/phone contract ran out last month and I've been shopping around looking at cheaper providers. Plusnet seemed the most competitive although slower - and more hassle as I'd have to change my email etc. I've been putting off ringing BT to discuss options but, today it was raining and I had nothing better to do.
Amazingly, I got through almost immediately, had a nice chat with "John" and he's reduced what I'm paying by £26 a month - to about the same as Plusnet wanted. Smile
Think how many seeds I can buy with that.............or wine. Smile

Plusnet belongs to...........BT

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 12-01-2021

^^^^Yes, I know - but they don't offer the same things and I'd have to notify a lot of contacts if I switched.
John Lewis broadband is also Plusnet!

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 12-01-2021

The sun is shining, the snow is melting, the nights at minus 5 are behind us (I hope), we've had rock and cirl buntings in the garden along with the usual suspects all week, the washing is drying on the line ... Simple pleasures.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 10:00 AM)Small chilli Wrote: It’s back to being cold and dry .

Also last night we spent the evening researching treatment plants & culverts  Big Grin .
I need a treatment plant...have you decided? 

I've spent days on my front yard. It's a horrible place to be, right next to the road. But all the leaves make it treacherous to walk on it. No one really uses it but I though as it's much too cold ( for me) to garden I'd clear it up....day 4 and I think I've nearly cracked it! The worst is taking the mud away, how it all build up I don't know.

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 12-01-2021

Today I really enjoyed a walk with my nextdoor neighbour. Her husband has dementia and Parkinson's and she has only just managed to get 2 hours care per week for him, to enable her to have some me time. She chose to go for a walk with me, socially distant of course.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Small chilli - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 10:02 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 10:00 AM)Small chilli Wrote: It’s back to being cold and dry .

Also last night we spent the evening researching treatment plants & culverts  Big Grin .
I need a treatment plant...have you decided? 
Looking at this one 
https://www.drainagesuperstore.co.uk/product/marsh-ensign-domestic-sewage-treatment-plant.html#trustpilot-reviews

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 13-01-2021

Just going for a walk in the sunshine Smile

I was well wrapped up hat, scarf, gloves, lined walking trousers and coat.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 13-01-2021

A few weeks ago a huge branch on an oak tree snapped in the wind and has been dangling perilously over the main path down the garden. When it was windy, I didn't use that path, just in case the branch came down on my head!
Yesterday, it finally fell and didn't damage anything, narrowly missing the shed roof, log store, clothes line and the wheelbarrows that were leaning against the trunk. I couldn't have placed it better myself. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 13-01-2021

(13-01-2021, 12:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: A few weeks ago a huge branch on an oak tree snapped in the wind and has been dangling perilously over the main path down the garden. When it was windy, I didn't use that path, just in case the branch came down on my head!
Yesterday, it finally fell and didn't damage anything, narrowly missing the shed roof, log store, clothes line and the wheelbarrows that were leaning against the trunk. I couldn't have placed it better myself. Smile
Now you have some more timber to cut up into logs Smile