Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 06-01-2021

Had to drive in freezing fog up to the plateau where our nearest town is this morning. I came out of my rdv and the fog had lifted revealing one of those stunning days with bright, bright blue skies and all the trees and houses covered in sparkling snow. Picture postcard pretty Smile
All melting, now!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 06-01-2021

Have just came in from a walk, with the sun shining on the frosted hedge rows, it looked as if they were covered in diamonds

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 06-01-2021

No.2 son pushing me to do another job at the plot.

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 10-01-2021

P feeds the birds at several feeding stations around the garden. The main one is at the back which we can watch from the bedroom. We are now inundated with sparrows who have frightened the other birds away (goldfinches, yellowhammers, etc) and give the tits and robins a very hard time. P put some pellets very near the bedroom window and the robins have taken to them where sparrows, pigeons and blackbirds haven't. So P has bought a cheap remote cctv camera to film the robins so now we don't have to stay in bed all day to watch them. It might not last as the further P delves into what the cheap camera won't do means it might get exchanged. Who'd have thought this tech would have been possible 20 - 30 yrs ago.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 11-01-2021

My BT Broadband/phone contract ran out last month and I've been shopping around looking at cheaper providers. Plusnet seemed the most competitive although slower - and more hassle as I'd have to change my email etc. I've been putting off ringing BT to discuss options but, today it was raining and I had nothing better to do.
Amazingly, I got through almost immediately, had a nice chat with "John" and he's reduced what I'm paying by £26 a month - to about the same as Plusnet wanted. Smile
Think how many seeds I can buy with that.............or wine. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Roitelet - 11-01-2021

i saw the first little lambs today, Spring can’t be far away!

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 11-01-2021

Today I also set up my broadband but I moved to sky where for £1.0 per month more than my present provider I get a garunteed signal in any room of the house, I was also told that I would have a faster speed, but don't know how they can make me walk faster Confused

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 11-01-2021

I have also set up my propagating bench, and now letting it heat up overnight

RE: What's made you happy today? - Small chilli - 12-01-2021

It’s back to being cold and dry .

Also last night we spent the evening researching treatment plants & culverts  Big Grin .

RE: What's made you happy today? - Spec - 12-01-2021

Went for a quick shopping stint in and out 20min. also the shop was empty, temperature showing - 4c in the car thermometer