Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 05-11-2020

Putting 14 unwanted books outside the gate with a "Take me, I'm Free" sign and there were only 6 left to bring in this evening.
They''ll be back out tomorrow with some more books that I've read. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 05-11-2020

That sounds like a good idea Veggie, might try it myself.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Baldy - 07-11-2020

Got given a load of artificial grass... have used it as a weed suppresant on my raised beds... might even bless you with a piccy of it tomorrow.
Its the tidiest my plot has looked in years Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 07-11-2020

Getting my turf in under cover for the winter and getting the back grass cut.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 08-11-2020

Spent the evening peeling apples. Some had been pecked or bruised but none of them had any internal damage from pests. It took me to the end of the peeling to realise what was missing - and I'm glad they were.

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 08-11-2020

(08-11-2020, 12:02 AM)Veggie Wrote: Spent the evening peeling apples. Some had been pecked or bruised but none of them had any internal damage from pests. It took me to the end of the peeling to realise what was missing - and I'm glad they were.
Funnily enough I'm doing the same this morning.  You're right, not a grub in sight. Nothing worse than half a grub. At least a whole one might wriggle away.  Was it a bad year for the codling moth, I wonder?

RE: What's made you happy today? - Vinny - 08-11-2020

(08-11-2020, 02:31 PM)JJB Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 12:02 AM)Veggie Wrote: Spent the evening peeling apples. Some had been pecked or bruised but none of them had any internal damage from pests. It took me to the end of the peeling to realise what was missing - and I'm glad they were.
Funnily enough I'm doing the same this morning.  You're right, not a grub in sight. Nothing worse than half a grub. At least a whole one might wriggle away.  Was it a bad year for the codling moth, I wonder?
Still got mine to do. Sick

RE: What's made you happy today? - Vinny - 08-11-2020

(05-11-2020, 06:01 PM)Veggie Wrote: Putting 14 unwanted books outside the gate with a "Take me, I'm Free" sign and there were only 6 left to bring in this evening.
What a cracking idea Veggie. Cool

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 08-11-2020

(08-11-2020, 03:07 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 06:01 PM)Veggie Wrote: Putting 14 unwanted books outside the gate with a "Take me, I'm Free" sign and there were only 6 left to bring in this evening.
What a cracking idea Veggie. Cool
I added more books the following day and there are only 5 left.  Once I've read some more, I'll put them out again.
Charity shops aren't interested in books at the moment. A local church has a free library in the porch - doesn't seem right to leave the crime novels there though. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Small chilli - 08-11-2020

My berkheya purpurea has germinated.