Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - Greenfingers - 25-05-2020

(25-05-2020, 06:37 PM)Greenfingers Wrote: The happy face of a friend of my husband's (in his 90s) when I took him a portion of my pasta bake I made last night.

Must add: Even happier at the thought of drinking the very interesting bottle of wine he'd got me as a present for no real reason.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Mikey - 25-05-2020

Cleaning the dump area in the garden and finally seeing the back of the Timber shed for the first time in 6 years. Then finding 5 spare slabs I put there for safe keeping probably 10 years ago just when I prepare to gravel and slab a path to one of my greenhouses.

Also roasting garlic in the wood oven while watering the garden, the aroma was divine.

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 25-05-2020

Finishing my last essay on Saturday makes me happy every day, and it's expected to carry on making me happy for a long, long time.

I bought treats to celebrate - a pizza oven and a pizza paddle for use on the barbeque (awesome thread by the way Mikey!) and a chelsea bun with cinnamon icing.

Finding that the weeds are pulling out really easy on the plot - thank you no dig Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 26-05-2020

Seeing hints of things to come - tiny french beans and cucumbers, tomatoes (still green of course) and flowers on the Crimson Flowered Broad beans.Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 26-05-2020

So I know not everyone would find this a happy, but today I turned my heaps & three quarters of the way down the middle one I disturbed a rat on her nest. She belted out through one of the holes in the back into my huge pile of stuff that's too big to compost, leaving just one blind baby behind. I popped the baby through the hole and she grabbed it and ran off. Slowly I unearthed 9 more and she came back and collected each one off my hand. What a good mum. I left the third heap unturned as I guess that's where she'd gone.
Last spring a rat came out to see what threats I was putting on the heap & would take things like apple cores from me. Perhaps it is the same one?
For clarity, my heaps are about 50m from my house and 200m from anybody else so I am happy to share my space with them. I used to have pet rats and always found them to be fascinating!

RE: What's made you happy today? - SarrissUK - 26-05-2020

First taste of my home made elderflower cordial - an absolute delight Smile It's definitely one of the highlights of the year, that Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Mikey - 26-05-2020

My turning peel arrived, I’m almost legit. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 27-05-2020

Learning something new - I had no idea what a turning peel was ( had to google) now I know. Thanks Mikey.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Broadway - 27-05-2020

My son helping me for an hour at the plotSmile

Neffa - Neffa - 28-05-2020

From little MFB’s lovely Charlottes grow. Yummy!