Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 20-09-2020

(13-09-2020, 02:33 PM)Admin Wrote: Nowhere exotic, Torbay

These days I think we might even class Torbay as exotic!  Looks lovely

RE: What's made you happy today? - Mikey - 20-09-2020

There was me thinking it was Skeggie boss. Big Grin

Spent the morning in a forest, had breakfast in Greggs, picked some toms and made passatta. Today was a good day. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - Neffa - 22-09-2020

Doctors - mid to end of Oct for flu jabs.
Phoned local chemist this morning. Today at 2.40 and 2.50.
Asked Docs about using chemist. Complete thumbs up.
Done.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Bren - 23-09-2020

Today’s rain it’s just what my veg plot needs.

Me I have plenty of apples that need juicing, stewing, dehydrating and Toms to roast so I don’t mind being indoors.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Admin - 23-09-2020

Rain here as well....very welcome Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 23-09-2020

And rain here, although only a forcast. Counting chickens and all that!
Seeing two black-shouldered kites.
275g of sun dried tomatoes sitting on the shelf.

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 28-09-2020

A happy today too - after startling a western whip snake back into a log pile I then sat and waited (benches all round this garden!) and eventally it came back out again. I watched it hunting through the undergrowth around me for nearly 20 mins. Once it came within a metre or so of my foot so couldn't have known I was there. Stunning green and yellow snake, and of course I didn't have my camera because I'd just popped up to the compost heaps to get some leaf mold! Only the second one I've seen. Happy.

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 28-09-2020

(28-09-2020, 03:23 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: A happy today too - after startling a western whip snake back into a log pile I then sat and waited (benches all round this garden!) and eventally it came back out again. I watched it hunting through the undergrowth around me for nearly 20 mins. Once it came with a metre or so of my foot so couldn't have known I was there. Stunning grren and yellow snake, and of course I didn't have my camera because I'd just popped up to the compost heaps to get some leaf mold! Only the second one of seen. Happy.

You're welcome to your snakes PP, I'm not sure I want anything other than a slow worm around my compost heap.  OH would go loopy at snake surprises, not his favourite creature.

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 28-09-2020

(28-09-2020, 03:37 PM)JJB Wrote:
(28-09-2020, 03:23 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: A happy today too - after startling a western whip snake back into a log pile I then sat and waited (benches all round this garden!) and eventally it came back out again. I watched it hunting through the undergrowth around me for nearly 20 mins. Once it came with a metre or so of my foot so couldn't have known I was there. Stunning grren and yellow snake, and of course I didn't have my camera because I'd just popped up to the compost heaps to get some leaf mold! Only the second one of seen. Happy.

You're welcome to your snakes PP, I'm not sure I want anything other than a slow worm around my compost heap.  OH would go loopy at snake surprises, not his favourite creature.

Anything that eats voles is welcome Smile I've always liked snakes but had to work really hard with the spiders ...

RE: What's made you happy today? - Scarlet - 29-09-2020

My son used to keep snakes, he is very forgetful and would always take it out of the tank and put it back without closing the door!! We lost it once for nearly a year Big Grin

On another note, I could hardly sleep last night. I'm going to the dahlia Farm later!!!. I'm not sure how many I can dig up as they are big plants. So I need to be choosy and try not to pick similar ones to those I'm growing already.
Though I'm upset for the lady that has the business, not a great year to finish up as a commercial grower - supplying florists.
She is hoping to upsticks and move back home to Wales. I so wish I could just have this field.