Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - What's made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - What's made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=128)

RE: What's made you happy today? - doublyjonah - 23-08-2020

My husband, who originally, gently, suggested that the allotment could be *my thing*, now proudly posts photos of our produce on his social media.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 23-08-2020

Went to Morrisons for the first time on a Sunday for months. Because of the queuing system at the checkout the only person I get to talk to is the checkout operator - poor chap.Wink and its relatively quiet - enough that you can hear all the noises that the checkout makes. Every time he passed an item to be scanned it made a certain noise so I asked the chap whether it got on his nerves after a while.
He didn't know what noise I meant "What sort of noise?".
"Like a cuckoo - cook-oo, cook-oo".
So he imitated me and I started to laugh, and he started to laugh until the tears were rolling down our faces.
He actually said he'd never noticed it before but now he couldn't wait to tell all his colleagues.
I walked out of the store "crying" with people giving me sympathetic looks. To cap it all, as I reached the carpark, my till receipt blew off the trolley and skittered across the tarmac. I tried to chase after it but my trolley was going sideways and I couldn't catch up with it!!
Hope nobody was watching me as I must have looked even more ridiculous than normal.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 24-08-2020

My dogs are always bringing me gifts - they're so thoughtful!
Within the last half hour, Bess has brought me an enormous apple with just a couple of teeth marks so its still usable.
Spud, however, trotted up with a mole!! Dead fortunately as he wanted to bring it in the kitchen - as a cuddly toy perhaps?
All Ted has brought me are seedheads tangled in his fur!! Must try harder. Smile

RE: What's made you happy today? - JJB - 26-08-2020

The freezer has arrived, at last now I have the luxury of shopping for ice cream knowing I have room for it! Now what flavour..........

RE: What's made you happy today? - Mark_Riga - 26-08-2020

Looked out the kitchen window and the sweetcorn bed was full of little birds: one or two types of warbler, robins, a dunnock, blue tits, a grey wagtail. It's the very small olive/grey white warblers flitting about with ants in their pants that I find fascinating. They have been coming for years but seem to be lots this year in the front and back gardens. No idea where they go for the winter. Don't think they are chiffchaffs as don't hear that noise (a warbler??) near the house.
First time I've seen a grey wagtail in the garden usually pied wagtails which I think were eyeing up the swallows nests at one stage this spring. I did see 2 grey only yesterday on a walk by the canal.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Mikey - 31-08-2020

Today is beetroot pickling day. So to celebrate I finished off the dregs of last years beetroot and had a beetroot and cheese sandwich for lunch. There’s something very pleasing about eating what you are cooking while you are cooking it. Smile

Some of this years beetroots are rather handsome. So much for the golf ball size they were supposed to be. Big Grin

They always look so pretty in the jar. That’s me happy for another year, this sweet and spicy pickle liquor is so different from the hideous stuff sold on supermarket shelves, it makes me so happy. Big GrinBig Grin

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 31-08-2020

(31-08-2020, 01:03 PM)Mikey Wrote: Today is beetroot picking day. So to celebrate I finished off the dregs of last years beetroot and had a beetroot and cheese sandwich for lunch. There’s something very pleasing about eating what you are cooking while you are cooking it. Smile

Some of this years beetroots are rather handsome. So much for the golf ball size they were supposed to be. Big Grin

Made me laugh because I have a beetroot picking day about three times a week as we just eat it as a veg rather than preserve it.
Is yours pickled? I have a dread fear of pickled beetroot after primary school, spam and vinegar-flavoured red things that somehow managed to be chewy, fibrous and mushy all in one go!!
Could you share your recipe?

Sorry chatting - and my happy is three days of some rain, if not enough, the garden being almost weedable and the Tour de France has made it to day three ...

RE: What's made you happy today? - PyreneesPlot - 04-09-2020

Finding a pair of secateurs lost by MrPP in a clients garden back in May. I'd put them on the wall so I didn't forget them when I finished with them, he saw them and put them in his pocket thinking I would forget them and they fell out of his pocket!

I have been searching the garden centres for a few weeks now looking for a nice shallow dish for sempervivums and found one today tucked away in a corner with a load of broken stuff, in resin which I wanted and half price! Hpefully MrPP can drill holes in the bottom ...

RE: What's made you happy today? - Can the Man - 04-09-2020

I got my yard and driveway resurfaced with asphalt today really happy with it. It was a big job, 69m2.

RE: What's made you happy today? - Veggie - 04-09-2020

(24-08-2020, 08:13 PM)Veggie Wrote: My dogs are always bringing me gifts - they're so thoughtful!
Within the last half hour, Bess has brought me an enormous apple with just a couple of teeth marks so its still usable.
Spud, however, trotted up with a mole!! Dead fortunately as he wanted to bring it in the kitchen - as a cuddly toy perhaps?
All Ted has brought me are seedheads tangled in his fur!! Must try harder. Smile
Spud and Ted were playing tug-of-war with something that I thought was an old sock until I spotted the feet. Another mole. Poor little things  Sad
Why happy? A few less molehills to booby trap me!