Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 27-10-2021

Evening Smile
We have a curtain upstairs across the landing to the spare bedrooms, it was temporary but seeing as it works the curtains staying.
Be careful with that door Spec.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Spec - 27-10-2021

(27-10-2021, 08:04 PM)Veggie Wrote: Make sure the door is set well back from the head of the stairs. Don't want anyone opening the door and stepping straight out over the stairwell.
A heavy curtain works just as well and is a lot cheaper. Wink

Not much done here today -another damp one so I did some more decluttering indoors.

(27-10-2021, 08:22 PM)Bren Wrote: Evening Smile
We have a curtain upstairs across the landing to the spare bedrooms, it was temporary but seeing as it works the curtains staying.
Be careful with that door Spec.

Thanks girls, I like the idea of a curtain, and I especially like the it's a lot cheaper bitBig Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Can the Man - 27-10-2021

(27-10-2021, 02:57 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(27-10-2021, 10:48 AM)Veggie Wrote: Morning All. Its all grey here - not just my hair.Smile

Vinny - hope the sun shines for you today while you talk to Helen. xx
Luckily the sun did shine.

Helen was losing her sight near the end so I used to read to her. The night before she died I read part of Widdershins to her, a novel steeped in local history.She was really enjoying it and making comments as I went along.

This morning I placed a flower wreath on her grave and read out loud the last three chapters of the book  to her so she would know what happened in the end.
That’s was a very nice gesture to make for Helen Vinny, hope you had a good day.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 27-10-2021

Went to Rockfit with my Daughter and SIL tonight. I wanted to stop for the Boxing /Core workout after that (another 3/4 of an hour after 1 hour Rockfit) but Daughter had to get up at 6.00am for work so we had to go. Sick

Calves are aching a bit tonight. It was the Halloween version with quite a bit Zombie walking and jumping about! Rolleyes

PS I finished reading three of the last chapters of Widdrshins at graveside earlier and stopped there 1.5 hours until the heavens opened.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 27-10-2021

You're so active, Vinny! Make me feel tired just reading your post. Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 28-10-2021

Morning all.

Cooking Kato's chicken for his dinner then dog walking. Smile After that trip to allotment and then to opticians for an eyesight test and possibly new specs. I have tried Specsavers online  virtual 'Try-on' which is quite impressive. Strangely some of the cheaper specs appeal to me as much as some of the dearer versions? Problem is I need variofocals with quite a high magnification which will probably add quite a bit to price. Sick
I need to progress with joinery work and planning in the campervan so that should just about take up the rest of the day. Rolleyes

TTFN

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - JJB - 28-10-2021

I second what Veggie said, you certainly don't sit around Vinny.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Spec - 28-10-2021

(28-10-2021, 08:32 AM)Vinny Wrote: Morning all.

Cooking Kato's chicken for his dinner then dog walking. Smile After that trip to allotment and then to opticians for an eyesight test and possibly new specs. I have tried Specsavers online  virtual 'Try-on' which is quite impressive. Strangely some of the cheaper specs appeal to me as much as some of the dearer versions?
Strangely Vinny I also find some of the cheaper glasses at Specsavers just as appealing as the expensive ones, can't understand whyRolleyes

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - JJB - 28-10-2021

I get mine from poundland! Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 28-10-2021

(28-10-2021, 10:28 AM)JJB Wrote: I get mine from poundland! Big Grin
I'm beginning to wish I had! Cry 400 squid for two pair of specs! Its a bit of a con because i went for 2 pair for £99. Once they add on the cost of varifocals and lighter lenses it soon mounts up. Wish I had just stuck with one pair of cheapies now......never mind, its done now and my poor bank balance took a beating! Rolleyes