Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - SarrissUK - 11-09-2021

I have a big bookcase with all my cookbooks and gardening books. I don't really have any other books lol

Vinny, you might like this:
Angled bookcase

In other news, last Friday I went to see Tom Jones in Hull with Jay and his son - loved it. This Friday we went to see Manic Street Preachers in Halifax - loved it. 

We have spent the day shopping for clothes, shoes and food (and a large chest freezer). My feet are sore and tomorrow we are going to Bridlington for the day. Still not enough time in the garden LOL

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 13-09-2021

[attachment=3904]
Evening All! I've had 2 things on my mind today - dreams and dressers, or to be precise the top half of the dresser in the photo. 

I've had that dresser for 30+ years but it had outlived its space. I gave away all the china and knickknacks that were in it and didn't want to fill it with more clutter, not even books. It was redundant. Tried to give it away on the free site but, because it was so big it needed a van to move it and nobody was interested. This afternoon, it was dismembered into 2 glass doors ?coldframe, some planks ?beds and a load of firewood. I still have the bottom half and they weren't a matched pair anyway.

What about the dreams, I hear you say! The half dresser has been in the way in the hall for a few days, waiting forlornly for someone to give it a home. In my dream, I squeezed past the dresser to see the postlady who'd rung the doorbell. I opened the front door and the front garden had disappeared,  there was just a pavement and a large round pine table that the postlady had put a parcel on. She had a heap of magazines under her arm, all wrapped in clear plastic; these slithered out from under her arm, missed the table and landed on the pavement. Some of the packaging ripped and seed packets and some courgettes slid out! I tried to gather up the magazines and seeds as they weren't for me but the postlady didn't want them. She said nobody reads them!
I had a brainwave - instead of subscribing to the same gardening magazine for a year, what if you could have a subscription to the magazine that offered the most free seeds every month. It might be a different magazine every month but it doesn't matter as they all say much the same thing.
As the postlady left, she said "I didn't drop your computer, its on the table and the Password is Scrabbit".

Then I woke upWink Are you still awake?? Its nearly bedtime. Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - SarrissUK - 13-09-2021

Haha Veggie, if there was ever any doubt of your insanity.... haha

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 13-09-2021

Hello Scrabbit.............I mean Sarriss. Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 18-09-2021

Evening All! A little bedtime story. Smile
Once upon a time there were 3 little dogs who liked to go out after dark and explore the garden. Some nights they'd be out for a very long time looking for their night time friends to party with; sometimes they'd bring them back to the house to meet me.
Tonight, the 3 little dogs weren't out for very long when they starting chatbarking and I thought that the friend they were talking to didn't want to party.
With the aid of my trusty torch I went to find the 3 little dogs and their friend who seemed to live in the log store. Sure enough, there he was on the other side of the gate into the log store, it was Horace Hedgehog! I was so pleased to see him and hope that this is his home. Its dry and safe and there are lots of places for Horace to sleep amongst the logs and piles of leaves and sawdust.
The 3 little dogs are now sleeping peacefully and I will be following them soon. While we are all sleeping, Horace will be having a stroll around the garden, looking for slugs and snails. Thank you Horace, eat your fill and sleep tomorrow away with a full tum.
Good night, everyone.Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - SarrissUK - 18-09-2021

Horace has a brother Harry who lives in my garden! The three dogs here leave Harry well alone lol

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 19-09-2021

(13-09-2021, 08:16 PM)Veggie Wrote: Evening All! I've had 2 things on my mind today - dreams and dressers, or to be precise the top half of the dresser in the photo. 

I've had that dresser for 30+ years but it had outlived its space. I gave away all the china and knickknacks that were in it and didn't want to fill it with more clutter, not even books. It was redundant. Tried to give it away on the free site but, because it was so big it needed a van to move it and nobody was interested. This afternoon, it was dismembered into 2 glass doors ?coldframe, some planks ?beds and a load of firewood. I still have the bottom half and they weren't a matched pair anyway.

What about the dreams, I hear you say! The half dresser has been in the way in the hall for a few days, waiting forlornly for someone to give it a home. In my dream, I squeezed past the dresser to see the postlady who'd rung the doorbell. I opened the front door and the front garden had disappeared,  there was just a pavement and a large round pine table that the postlady had put a parcel on. She had a heap of magazines under her arm, all wrapped in clear plastic; these slithered out from under her arm, missed the table and landed on the pavement. Some of the packaging ripped and seed packets and some courgettes slid out! I tried to gather up the magazines and seeds as they weren't for me but the postlady didn't want them. She said nobody reads them!
I had a brainwave - instead of subscribing to the same gardening magazine for a year, what if you could have a subscription to the magazine that offered the most free seeds every month. It might be a different magazine every month but it doesn't matter as they all say much the same thing.
As the postlady left, she said "I didn't drop your computer, its on the table and the Password is Scrabbit".

Then I woke upWink Are you still awake?? Its nearly bedtime. 
Why does Alice in Wonderland spring to mind here? Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 19-09-2021

Morning all

Finally had a decent nights sleep last night without my Siberian Husky howling like a wolf through the night. Someone said he may be frightened of the dark, which my wife was and slept with the light on? I tried leaving the light on for him last night and lo and behold, no howling. Cool I just hope it wasn't anything to do with the position of the moon in the heavens but will see if I have cracked it long term?

Dog walking then spatchcock chicken to cook for lunch with all veg coming from allotment or garden. Smile

TTFN

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - SarrissUK - 19-09-2021

Good morning all Smile It seems I've cracked it, pardon the pun. My chicken got into the bad habit of eating her eggs. I bought three plastic eggs from flea buy and low and behold, I had an egg to collect this morning. Yay Smile

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 19-09-2021

Morning Smile

Vinny our daughter used to have a dog that wouldn't settle alone if it was quite, leaving the radio on low was the only thing that worked.