Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - JJB - 30-08-2021

I'm revolted and impressed in equal measures, Spud must have a turn of speed.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 30-08-2021

I've no idea how he does it - he's the laziest of the 3. Won't run to fetch balls, just lies around most of the time - but he's listening! He'll stare at the ground, suddenly start digging a hole and pulls out a mole. Or he'll disappear into the undergrowth and brings out a mouse/vole. Sadly, he and Ted catch birds too - which I hate.Sad

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - JJB - 30-08-2021

He must cure your rat problem - if you have one. What breed are they, a terrier of sorts I assume.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 31-08-2021

(30-08-2021, 05:59 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've no idea how he does it - he's the laziest of the 3. Won't run to fetch balls, just lies around most of the time - but he's listening! He'll stare at the ground, suddenly start digging a hole and pulls out a mole. Or he'll disappear into the undergrowth and brings out a mouse/vole. Sadly, he and Ted catch birds too - which I hate.Sad

Spud sounds a lot like our old fox Terrier he thought if we'd thrown a ball it was his to keep he'd usually bury them never to be seen again.  Rolleyes

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 31-08-2021

(30-08-2021, 06:39 PM)JJB Wrote: He must cure your rat problem - if you have one. What breed are they, a terrier of sorts I assume.
Rat heads are a problem when they're dumped on your chair - again Spud's work!
As for breed - who knows. Bess is supposed to be a Cavachon - Cavalier spaniel x Bichon Frise (or in old language a crossbreed/mongrel). She's pure white.
Goodness only knows who the father/fathers of her pups were as they were all black or brown or black and tan. I think she was a bit of a floosy. Smile

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - JJB - 31-08-2021

^^^Smile does she take after her mother??

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 31-08-2021

If you mean me, yes, we have a lot in common - we both have white hair!! Nothing else.Tongue
Speaking of which, I've just seen an elderly, white-haired lady pushing a pram with a little white dog sat in it. The dog had a bow in its hair and its owner may have had one too. Smile

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - JJB - 01-09-2021

They say owners get to resemble their dogs after a while, don't they? Do you remember Clement Freud and Henry?

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 01-09-2021

Evening all!
Back in1995, the word on the street was that Building Societies were going to convert to banks and that members of the Society would receive shares. I opened accounts with several societies, deposited £110 and forgot all about them. Had a letter this week saying that my account in Britannia was being treated as "Unclaimed Assets" as there had been no action on it since 1995, so this morning I went to the Bank to close the account.
Any guesses how much the £110 had become after 25 years?

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Admin - 01-09-2021

£119.70