Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning - Bren - 23-05-2020

Morning it looks like being a sunny but windy day here, hopefully I've got my hardening of plants won't blow around the garden.
Mikey Thursday is my supermarket shop day I leave a 8.30-ish dragging my trolley its only a 10 min walk so its quicker than driving.

RE: Good Morning - Vinny - 23-05-2020

Good morning, I think! Dodgy

Wind and rain bouncing off the bedroom window kept me awake last night. Decking at rear of house looks like a bomb has dropped with pots upturned everywhere. Angry

The sun is shining though so all is mot 'doom and gloom' Big Grin

I got my second batch of wildflower plugs sown yesterday and potted on the 13 wildflower plugs I had grown. I was interested to find some what looked like sunflower seeds in a wildflower mix Huh I wouldn't personally class sunflowers as wild flowers but maybe the mix was one that was beneficial to birds and bees. Smile

Nothing planned for today apart from  a quick trip to allotment to see what damage the wind has done there.

TTFN

RE: Good Morning - Jay - 23-05-2020

Afternoon what an awful night weather wise and it’s not much better today!!
Hope you have a lovely day and the weather is better where you are!

Thursdays child has far to go Mikey, my son was born on a Thursday so I know the saying is true!! Always on the move, never settling down. Like a bad penny he keeps coming back! Smile

RE: Good Morning - SarrissUK - 23-05-2020

It's still very windy here - things are flying about in the back garden, and grey clouds are threatening rain but not actually letting it go.

I'm using the weather as a reason to stay in and do my uni work and so far I have managed to do all the hoovering, tidied and cleaned the kitchen, organised a cupboard, measured up the sizes of my shelves that I put up in the week (still need the boards), AND I managed to finish the questionnaire that I had to do on economics submitted. Woop! Now I only have the essay of 1600 words to do.

RE: Good Morning - Admin - 24-05-2020

Happy Sunday everyone

Mixture of sunshine and clouds at the moment, very restless nignt-but can always catch 40 over tne plots today.

Abandoned putting out the sweetcorn yesterday due to the wind, so will try again today.

Have fun everyone Smile

RE: Good Morning - Bren - 24-05-2020

Morning a dull wet start to the day here so i'll be potting on and seed sowing in my GH later.

RE: Good Morning - Broadway - 24-05-2020

Dull and wet here too, can't wait for the bbq! Rolleyes

RE: Good Morning - Vinny - 24-05-2020

Morning all. Bit of a lie in today, well it IS Sunday. Smile

Washing done and hung up over the woodburner (too windy outside). Birds fed and had a brief visit from a magpie. Cool

Just the Sunday dinner to get started now. A nice bit of beef plus spring cabbage from plot and tatties. Yum!

See you later.

RE: Good Morning - Can the Man - 24-05-2020

Morning everybody, what a horrible day yesterday could do nothing outside with the wind and rain showers. It said 14’C on the mercury but felt like 8’C.

Today looks a lot better, wife fed, cat fed, crows and jackdaws fed, just the tits, fences sparrows and robin to feed. Need to top up my feeders. Then I am going to tackle tidying up the garage and maybe stimulate some weeds, depends on what it feels like outside. I got a new harness for my strimmer, it’s one SC recommended it’s cross over the back and fastens round the waist. Balance is fantastic.

RE: Good Morning - Jay - 24-05-2020

Morning all, better day today although it is smirring again, I thought it was going to clear up!
Hope you all have a lovely day! x