Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Admin - 15-02-2021

My grandchildren refer to us as Ma Ma and Ba Ba, name was given to us by our eldest grandson and stuck. Officially we are Grandma & Grandpops.

I was raised by my grandparents and they had the names Ma and Pops

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Broadway - 15-02-2021

(15-02-2021, 11:11 AM)Jay Wrote: Morning all, hope this finds you safe and well!! It’s a balmy 7 degrees all snow gone...just a couple of nights ago it was -7!!
Just been discussing alternative names for grandparents and wonder if you have any?
Enjoy the rest of the day, stay safe!! x
Hi Jay

Mine were Nan & GrampsSmile

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 15-02-2021

Hi Jay nothing original in the names our family use.
I called mine Gran and Grandad
My kids called their gran Mamar
Grandkids call us Nanar and grandad.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 15-02-2021

I am know as  Hairy Grandad and my wife is known as  Grandma Woof Woof. Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Jay - 15-02-2021

Great names, thanks all!
Yes Veggie, going to be grandparents next months for the first time. Although I may look like a granny I’m not sure I feel like one yet so just wondered if there were any alternatives out there!
Unfortunately looks as though we will be virtual grandparents for a while as my daughter and hubby live in England. Much worse going on for people out there just now so just grateful for FaceTime. x

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 15-02-2021

Congratulations in advance, Jay.Smile
What would you like to be called?

I have absolutely no idea Veggie...I need to think of something soon or my son-in-law will come up with something and I can guarantee it won’t be complimentary!! Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Mark_Riga - 15-02-2021

(15-02-2021, 11:33 AM)Veggie Wrote: Morning All from a slightly milder South Wales.
Are you "expecting" Jay??? Mine were Nana and Grampy, the other pair were Dead and Gone before I could talk!

Have fun whatever you're doing today .Smile

Did Dead and Gone mind the names they were given do you know?

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 15-02-2021

No idea Mark, and its too late to ask them now.Wink
The Grampy that I remember was very norty and would play tricks on my extremely deaf Nana. His favourite was putting a whoopee cushion on her chair when they were expecting visitors. She was sublimely unaware of the noises she was making, whilst the visitors were trying to keep a straight face - as were we, even though we were in on the act!!

(15-02-2021, 06:33 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(15-02-2021, 11:33 AM)Veggie Wrote: Morning All from a slightly milder South Wales.
Are you "expecting" Jay??? Mine were Nana and Grampy, the other pair were Dead and Gone before I could talk!

Have fun whatever you're doing today .Smile

Did Dead and Gone mind the names they were given do you know?
I was thinking the same Mark when I read that!! Lol