Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Admin - 30-12-2020

Very good....Smile

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - JJB - 30-12-2020

Off to the supermarket for us and nextdoor. Don't really want to go out in the cold but needs must. We're in tier 2 but fear we will be bumped up to tier 3 or 4 as Salisbury hospital is beginning to struggle.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Admin - 08-01-2021

Morning all

Another cold morning, currently -2° with freezing fog. Will brave the plots as I have lots to do.

Keep warm and stay safe

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 08-01-2021

Morning/afternoon all. 

Glad I braved the weather and did a bit of shopping yesterday. With over  six inches of snow falling last night on top of the snow that was already there, it was just about over the top pf my wellies when I was walking the dog earlier. Cry
I'm  happy enough. Cleared snow on paths and off car and sat in front of the woodburner at the mo with plenty of food in the house and a nice warm fire. Cool
My heart does go out though to folks less fortunate than I though. Sick

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 11-01-2021

Evening All - not as cold tonight but much wetter!!
My dogs have a little game - we open the front door to see if there's any post in the porch. If there isn't (and there normally isn't because they like to check it about 6 times a day), I say "No Post" and they turn around and head back into the kitchen.
This morning, for once, there was post, so I bent over to pick it up. The outer porch doors are half glass but, being little, when I bend down I'm hidden.
Whilst I was picking up the letters, the dogs starting barking, all 3 of them, so I stood up and there was a parcel delivery man, looking shocked. I think he thought we'd all been hiding behind the door, just to scare him.Smile. I was equally shocked!!!
Would love to see the photo he took before he rushed off, hands shaking. Smile

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 12-01-2021

Morning all.

We got my pet Siberian Husky a bed to lie on at Christmas but he wouldn't even step on it. I rolled it up and gave it to my Sister for her dog. Sad

He's now taken to sleeping on MY seat in the corner which he has never done before. Shy When he looks at me I visualise him saying " You gave my Christmas present away so I'm taking your seat instead" Rolleyes

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 12-01-2021

He’s probably laying there thinking payback time Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 15-01-2021

Afternoon all.

Had a nice surprise this morning as the bulk of my seed order arrived. Now I must go and find that propagator and start growing summat! Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Jay - 19-01-2021

Morning all, just popping in to say hello...I’m still here!!Big Grin
Hope you are all well considering the circumstances! x

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 19-01-2021

Morning all.

Just ordered 80 Sturon onion sets and 50 Centurion F1 onion sets from JustSeed. I chose this firm because their postage costs are reasonable and I have had good results from both types of onion sets, particularly Centurion F1 which I am still eating now from last years crop. Cool

These, along with my Japanese onions growing on the plot now, should make me self sufficient in onions aagin this year. Smile

A wee bit milder here today but non stop rain spoils the enjoyment of being outdoors.