Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 26-07-2020

Morning all. Seems as if its going to be a nice day here today?

I had a busy day yesterday as I had a load of logs delivered. Spent all day with wheel barrow transporting and stacking them. All storage areas are now full and I am feeling my aches and pains this morning.

Jobs for today include house work, hanging washing out, making dinner and planting a grapevine I received in the post yesterday. The grape vine has a long dutch name and is a white seedless grape. I want to plant it just outside the greenhouse and feed it in somehow.

I have another pink fruited grapevine already which I brought as a cutting from my last allotment. Because its a seeded grape (although quite tasty and hardy) I intend growing this one at home over an arbour I have yet to build.

After all this I may even sneak in a couple of hours fishing.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Scarlet - 26-07-2020

Chucking it down here! It's going to be a craft day Smile

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 26-07-2020

Morning Smile

It looks like being a good here as well Vinny we have sunshine all day according to the MetOffice.
Enjoy your craft day Scarlet what are you planning on making?

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - PyreneesPlot - 27-07-2020

Morning all. 34 degrees already and it is only 11.30. I have a horrible feeling we might hit 40 for the first time this week. I pity the guys working on the roof of the new house next door. We'll have to take them a bottle of something cold from the fridge this afternoon.
I'll be pickling gherkins and cucumbers this afternoon, working on a little electric hob in the garage so I don't heat the house and will only venture into the garden to see what's suffering, but maybe potter a bit this evening. All the bird baths are brimming butwill need topping up.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - JJB - 27-07-2020

Drizzly, showers, rain or a combination of all three. No going out to play today I fear. Only 16 degrees here PP, TBH I prefer the cool rather than your 34. I'd melt!

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 27-07-2020

Happy Monday Gan'G from a very soggy South Wales! So wet that even the dogs don't want to go out!
My brother called in at the weekend - first time I've seen him since the outbreak - and the first thing he said was " Three sheep walked out of your front garden when I arrived".
Sure enough, there were 3 sheep toddling up the road, past some amused dog walkers who were coming out of the woods.
These sheep normally graze in a field further up the hill but they're put in the neighbouring horse fields regularly for a change of grazing. They'd clearly had enough and wanted to go home! Must have taken a short cut through someone's garden - and it wasn't mine. Smile.
Have a good day, whatever the weather throws at you. Smile

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 27-07-2020

Afternoon Smile

Its raining here today so I've not been far only to gate to collect milk then into the GH, even the birds have given the garden a miss today.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Can the Man - 27-07-2020

Evening everybody I’ve not really been active these last few days as I took a long weekend staycation with my wife over in the Irish speaking part of the west of Ireland called An Gaeltacht we stayed in a place called An Spiddeal and visited ar as where I went on summer courses to learn Irish as a young boy aged 13-17. It was very different because of the Covid restrictions but enjoyable all the same.

Photos on my Instagram page @caniceh

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Small chilli - 28-07-2020

Morning all.
Not got time to hang around today. I’m chilli powder making.
See you all later. Have a good day.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - PyreneesPlot - 28-07-2020

Have a good one SC & try not to sneeze at a vital moment!

Yesterday tipped the thermometer at 39.5, but the weather station does read high - just 37 on the covered terrace, but then we had a couple of hours of storms and 3mm of rain Wink and today is due to be a damp chilly 25. Might get some plants in the ground and some seeds sown, once the cat gets off my chest - he never miss a chance if i'm laid flat on the sofa!

Have a good day everyone  Smile