Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 18-06-2020

Afternoon it's rained here since late yesterday afternoon lots of thunder and lighting with it. Never mind the garden needed a good soaking.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 18-06-2020

Hasn't stopped raining here today.
I'd just like a few minutes to wander round the garden in the dry. I expect the courgettes will have burst their skins by tomorrow, like the proper sausages whose skins you had to prick before frying or they'd explode. You don't get that on veggie sausages!

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Jay - 19-06-2020

Morning, not been on for a couple of days but I hope you are all well! So far we have missed the thunderstorms and rain but I think they are on the cards for later. The weather has been great and I’m so grateful we have a garden! I’ve been released for a proper walk round the neighbourhood Yay!! Can’t wait until we can travel to see our daughter and son in law in Cheltenham, we haven’t seen them for three months other than on FaceTime. Hopefully won’t be too long!
Anyhoo, enjoy your day, off for a scout around the forum! Smile

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 19-06-2020

Afternoon Smile It’s still raining here gardens getting rather waterlogged glad I’ve got steppingstones across the lawn or I’d be sinking in. We’ve had some spectacular thunder storms so it’s not all bad Smile
Jay doesn’t getting out for a walk make all the difference xx

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Jay - 19-06-2020

Absolutely Bren, semi freedom ?and my brother in law and sister in law came round today for a socially distanced visit in the garden! First people, outwith the household, other than near neighbour and hospital staff I’ve spoken to in 3 months... it was lovely!!

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Jay - 20-06-2020

Morning all, lovely and sunny this morning, had a bit of rain during the night but sunny now!!
Well parasol arrived a day late, box battered to bits and parasol pole damaged a little but also with a finial missing. Contacted the company and they said bin it and we will send another!!! What a waste. I’ve asked them just to send the finial so we will see what arrives!!
Anyhoo, enjoy your day everyone, I’m off for breakfast! x

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Admin - 20-06-2020

Morning All

Sun is shinning this end of the UK too Smile

MiL's and plots for me today, have fun whatever you get up to

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Scarlet - 20-06-2020

[attachment=524]
Lovely and warm here but the cloud is coming over. Coffee and sardines on toast for breakfast earlier

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 20-06-2020

Happy Saturday Smile
Just returned from my breakfast fruit picking - raspberries and woodland strawberries for my granola today.
Everything growing well after all the rain of the last few days - especially the weeds!
I have some random cucumbers to plant out later - they're a mix of Marketmore and Crystal lemon so I should be able to tell which is which when they fruit.Wink

Have a lovely day, whatever you're doing and whoever you're doing it with. )

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Scarlet - 20-06-2020

I did eat a mini cucumber first thing Big Grin, then did some hoeing. Picked a load of sweetpeas, sorted out some of my mess around my greenhouses then had breakfast Smile

I'm hoping it stays like this for the day. I can dig as the earth is so soft from the rain....still have a few too many dahlias to plant.