Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 02-06-2020

Enjoy your fishing Smile
I’m lazing in the garden in between gardening, reading and watching the baby birds following their patents.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 02-06-2020

Artnoon All!
Too hot and the soil is too dry to do much in the garden.
Been entertaining myself in the shade thinning out the apples - picking off the unfertilised ones and any damaged ones. Looks like a good crop for most fruit this year although the plums are a bit ho-hum.
The forecast is for rain overnight and tomorrow - really hope they're right. My butts are nearly empty!

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Can the Man - 02-06-2020

Evening all, been working from home today so no time for gardening, heading out to water the plants in the poly tunnel, Veggie is so right about the earth being so dry, I need to water my peas, onion seedlings, lettuce seedlings that I planted yesterday.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Stem20 - 03-06-2020

Finally some rain albeit fine drizzle. Tried to dig over a circular bed left in my mums drive where it’s been block paved before the contractors top up with topsoil, it was like concrete. I am going round with an electric breaker this morning to try and loosen it up. Our drive was finished yesterday and looks great. Will now have to tidy the rest of the front to match. Hopefully not too much watering today and I ca use the time to plant out some more stuff.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Bren - 03-06-2020

Morning the rain woke me up at 4ish not really rained that much since just enough to make the garden look fresh.

Stem20 - Stem20 - 03-06-2020

The drive before and after

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - PyreneesPlot - 03-06-2020

Morning all.
Got my leeks in yesterday - 131 Musselburgh. The extra 1 was thanks to a mole tunnel I'd failed to dig out. Dibbed hole, dropped in leekling, bit of compost and then half way through watering in there was a whoosh and a gurgle and the lot disappeared  Exclamation More compost, another leek and this time it stayed put. The joy of gardening on a mole infested slope  Big Grin

We have storms and hail forecast today and given that the hailstones can be big enough to smash roofs I've spent the morning rigging up protection for my lovelies - aubergines, peppers & chilllies. The rest will get individual buckets or pots if it looks bad.

Have a good day folks, and I hope those waiting for rain get it Smile And a decent amount.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Broadway - 03-06-2020

(03-06-2020, 09:28 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Morning all.
Got my leeks in yesterday - 131 Musselburgh. The extra 1 was thanks to a mole tunnel I'd failed to dig out. Dibbed hole, dropped in leekling, bit of compost and then half way through watering in there was a whoosh and a gurgle and the lot disappeared  Exclamation More compost, another leek and this time it stayed put. The joy of gardening on a mole infested slope  Big Grin

We have storms and hail forecast today and given that the hailstones can be big enough to smash roofs I've spent the morning rigging up protection for my lovelies - aubergines, peppers & chilllies. The rest will get individual buckets or pots if it looks bad.

Have a good day folks, and I hope those waiting for rain get it Smile And a decent amount.
Hi PP

Leek envy here, when you have 5mins would you mind explaining when and how you sow your leeks and what size they were when you planted out?

Much appreciated......

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - PyreneesPlot - 03-06-2020

(03-06-2020, 09:40 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 09:28 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Morning all.

Hi PP

Leek envy here, when you have 5mins would you mind explaining when and how you sow your leeks and what size they were when you planted out?

Much appreciated......

Hi Danny - they were sown in a big pot (15cm ish) on the 29th Feb and were between darning needle and thin pencil size at planting out. I don't pot them on or anything, just take them out of the pot and stand the clump in a deep tray of water while planting out so it is easy to separate the plants. Hope that helps Smile

RE: Stem20 - Can the Man - 03-06-2020

(03-06-2020, 08:04 AM)Stem20 Wrote: The drive before and after

looks super Stem (thumbs up emoji)