Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 15-11-2021

Evening all. Been out and about most of the day - picking up other peoples' junk.Smile
Chased up the garage door man as its weeks since he quoted and I paid the deposit. He said his household are all suffering with Covid - kids brought it home from school, his wife who works in the office, caught it and he's in quarantine. Hope they're all clear soon as I selfishly would like the garage doors fitted.
Its dark so early now - must try getting up earlier to make the most of the day!

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - SarrissUK - 15-11-2021

Even google doesn't know what gunnards are, Vinny!

I went to see family yesterday and it was nice - they asked what we want for Christmas!

The only thing I can think of is a foot rest for my office, but that's a bit boring.... so I need your help.

If someone wanted to buy you something for up to £25-ish, what would you ask for, for the garden?

All suggestions welcome! Smile

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 15-11-2021

(15-11-2021, 09:13 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Even google doesn't know what gunnards are, Vinny!

I went to see family yesterday and it was nice - they asked what we want for Christmas!

The only thing I can think of is a foot rest for my office, but that's a bit boring.... so I need your help.

If someone wanted to buy you something for up to £25-ish, what would you ask for, for the garden?

All suggestions welcome! Smile
Yeah I know that there is no mention of gunnards. In the back of my mind it had summat to do with the canons on a sailing ship which when packed with the charge, rammed down and the cannon ball added was ready to fire, they were basically full up as far as it would go, hence full to the gunnards? Huh

Or maybe I just dreamed it up! Rolleyes

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 15-11-2021

I think its gunnels/gunwales but, with Vinny, who knows?Wink

I've found it! Mispronounced by me of course! Blush

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/full-to-the-gunwales.html

(15-11-2021, 09:52 PM)Veggie Wrote: I think its gunnels/gunwales but, with Vinny, who knows?Wink
I wasn't far away Veggie! Tongue in the right neigbourhood! Big Grin It must have been a Geordie ship in Tyne dock.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 16-11-2021

Morning all. Welcome to the Vinny thread! Rolleyes

Daughters birthday tomorrow and the day I get my third Covid jab. After dog walking I will probably head to the local shopping centre and try and get her a card and prezzie.
I've done a lot of my Crimbo prezzie shopping online this year but still need a couple of (not clothes) prezzies for two of my Grandaughters. What the heck do you buy for an 8 year old and a 10 year old is the problem? I've already bought them Jamas but am not clued up on what they might like? If they were boys I could associate, but girls nah........... Rolleyes
Supposed to be Tuna Tuesday today but I had some fresh beef mince which had a date expiracy yesterday so cooked it up with some onions last night. I might add some of my own Jalapeno's and some kidney beans and sweet peppers and turn it into a chillie for later?

Anyway, enjoying my early morning cuppa just now so TTFN.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 17-11-2021

Evening all

Just got back from Rockfit then stupidly decided to join a box/core session not realising what it entailed. It made Rockfit seem like a stroll in the park. Rolleyes

I now have a deep respect for what punishment boxers put themselves through after doing hooks,jabs,uppercuts,body punches, roundhouses,shoeshining, speedball and star jumps for 3/4 of an hour after a 1 Hour Rockfit session. Cry

These women are maniacs, one was telling me " C'mon pussy, hit the sucker" when I was hitting the pads with everything I had! Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 18-11-2021

You wouldn't want to tangle with one of those women, Vinny - they'd floor you!
What's the next activity you're going to try? Wish I was a fly on the wall (except you'd swot me).

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 18-11-2021

(18-11-2021, 12:31 AM)Veggie Wrote: You wouldn't want to tangle with one of those women, Vinny - they'd floor you!
What's the next activity you're going to try? Wish I was a fly on the wall (except you'd swot me).
No plans for any other activities Veggie...........yet! Big Grin
I must be a bit fiter than what I thought I was as I expected PAIN this morning but I am fine. Cool I was warned by the instructor to be careful on the way home as I would be still full of adrenalin and my hands would feel strange on the steering wheel with all the punching! I think she was probably just trying to cover her own butt in case I crashed the car on the way home! Rolleyes
I think I may have mis-timed a punch once and hope I haven't given the instructor a black eye! Cry