Garden And Gossip Forums
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 05-11-2021

(05-11-2021, 10:53 AM)Jay Wrote: Is that the one where you throw a stone in the air and pick one up then throw two in air and pick one up until you have all 5? Just been reliably informed that you throw one stone and pick up one, throw one stone pick up two and so on.
Morning all, damp this morning. Really need to do some domestics but just can’t be bothered. Looks as though it will be another day of pottering around.
Have a great day everyone.
Thats the kiddie, now I remember! Smile

(05-11-2021, 02:12 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Really cold here today, and it was frosty when I walked down to see the chickens this morning. Definite signs of proper frost on the ground.

We had some disturbing news last night. It appears the local authority is putting housing development in the local plan on the field directly behind our house. We bought this house four months ago specifically for that view, and for the privacy... searches came up with nothing. I'm gutted and will fight it all the way, especially because there's other fields around here that would be better suited (this field is really quite boggy, and difficult access along a path with Saxon heritage), and wouldn't ruin anyone's view or privacy.

Other than that, I have a cat at the vets to have his bits removed. It was as if he knew - he was sulking in a big way and wouldn't talk to me on the way there. Another cat has got a bit of an eye infection, so taking him for a consultation this afternoon, whilst we're picking up sulky Kevin.

I'm pleased to think it's the weekend coming up, it's been a long one.
Similar thing happened to us. Angry Bought the house partly because of the wonderful view over the moors.Nothing came up  on the searches about them sticking windmills on the  horizon. Used to them now though and realistically its a better way to produce electricity than fossil fuels. Its a shame they aren't like the windmills that Don Quixote tilted at because I find that type quite picturesque! Rolleyes

Afternoon all

I got ONE of the many jobs done I had planned to do this morning ,shifting the firewood! Cool

Yesterday I contacted Thompson- Morgan which appears to be different from Thompson & Morgan, about some dodgy chrysanths I bought from them. I complained that instead of recieving the five different colour I have only pinks and yellows! Angry They asked me for a photograph which I have sent off, as I stated they were breaking the trade descriptions, or words to that effect. It will be interesting to see what they come back with?

Just chilling now after some rather wonderful scran. Fishy Friday found Calamari and stir fry with mussels,prawns and squid added on the menu!. I also added two of my Jalapenos choped up to spice it up. Smile Nicest fFriday meal I have had for a while especially that the juice that came out of the stir fry (only butter added) made a wonderful fish soup prior to the main meal.

Rockfit at  7.00.

TTFN

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - JJB - 06-11-2021

(05-11-2021, 10:17 AM)Vinny Wrote: Morning all

Talking of auld games I remember playing summat with rounded pebbles. Five I think that were caught on the back of outspread fingers? Can't remember what the rules were though?

TTFN
That's  jacks/knucklebones Vinny, toss one, pick up several, also toss five and see if you can catch them all on the back of your hand.

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 12:28 PM)JJB Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 10:17 AM)Vinny Wrote: Morning all

Talking of auld games I remember playing summat with rounded pebbles. Five I think that were caught on the back of outspread fingers? Can't remember what the rules were though?

TTFN
That's  jacks/knucklebones Vinny, toss one, pick up several, also toss five and see if you can catch them all on the back of your hand.
We usedthe poor persons version, pebbles nicked from someone's gravel drive! Rolleyes Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Vinny - 06-11-2021

Arter-noon folks.

Walked Kato this morning then went to allotment just to drop off cardboard. Yeah right! Rolleyes  Two hours later and with a bad back from digging, not to mention the pouring rain I got home and made my Saturday all day breakfast, full English of course. Cool That should see me through to my Sunday dinner tomoz! No idea what meat it will be as I will have to raid the freezer. The only thing I am sure of is that it won't be pork as I had a pork roast with crackling last sunday.

This Rockfit is starting to get to me as whenever I hear music I start dancing! Cry It gets a bit embarrassing when music is played in the supermarket and gawd knows what will happen when they start playing Slade at Crimbo! Big Grin

Anyway, it will be dog waling time soon so if you see someone with a dog doing a Morcambe & Wise back kick,you'll  know who it is!

TTFN

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - JJB - 06-11-2021

Reminds me of the cast of the full monty in the queue (where I can't remember)all doing their stripping routine when the music comes on over the speaker system......no stripping Vinny, you'll scare the natives Big Grin

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Veggie - 06-11-2021

Great film - always makes me laugh - and the thought of Vinny joining the queue, brings tears to my eyes. Big Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LcWSkzttBM

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Proserpina - 07-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 05:59 PM)JJB Wrote: Reminds me of the cast of the full monty in the queue (where I can't remember)all doing their stripping routine when the music comes on over the speaker system......no stripping Vinny, you'll scare the natives Big Grin

Where? That would be the Job Centre on West Street! Big Grin

I've spent my day agonising over mortgages. My mortgage offer is about to expire, so it's time to apply for a new one. I've given my broker the go-ahead to submit an application for one, but the offers are appearing and disappearing so quickly that I suspect it may be gone by the time the application goes in. It's just as stressful as the first application (possibly more so, because if probate actually comes through in the next few weeks, things could be very tight with the mortgage if we're still hoping to complete by Christmas).

RE: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night! - Admin - 07-11-2021

Fingers crossed Pros Smile