Garden And Gossip Forums
2024 - Tonight's recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2024 - Tonight's recipe (/showthread.php?tid=2081)

RE: 2024 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 22-09-2024

Yesterday was noodles.
Today lunch jalapeño poppers because the neighbour was collecting all our scrap wood for his wood burner. So thought I better give him a snack.
Tonight I’m having curry no idea what sort , I’ll find out when it’s defrosted.

RE: 2024 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 22-09-2024

B. Toast & Marmite
L. Salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, radish & cheese
D. Sliced courgettes, dipped in seasoned flour & shallow fried in coconut oil & topped with grated cheese.

All FREE except the marmite

RE: 2024 - Tonight's recipe - JJB - 23-09-2024

It's likely to be chilli tonight and leftovers made into enchiladas tomorrow

RE: 2024 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 23-09-2024

(23-09-2024, 09:40 AM)JJB Wrote: It's likely to be chilli tonight and leftovers made into enchiladas tomorrow
JJB you’re a genius    Big Grin . I’ve got chilli for tea. I was wondering what to do with the leftovers tomorrow. There will definitely be leftovers as it’s only me eating. I see nachos in my future    Big Grin .

RE: 2024 - Tonight's recipe - Bren - 23-09-2024

Yesterday tuna steaks with charlottes, french beans, carrots, and peas.

This evening baked potatoes with french beans and some savoury mice from the freezer.

RE: 2024 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 23-09-2024

.Spent the night in motorhome with a view of pedigree Limousins to the front and Howick coastline and sea to rear. Cool(All for free)
Early morning coastal walk with Kato munching on wild blackberries before bacon & eggs on return from walk and the pork chops I didn't have yesterday for ron.

(23-09-2024, 10:34 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(23-09-2024, 09:40 AM)JJB Wrote: It's likely to be chilli tonight and leftovers made into enchiladas tomorrow
JJB you’re a genius    Big Grin . I’ve got chilli for tea. I was wondering what to do with the leftovers tomorrow. There will definitely be leftovers as it’s only me eating. I see nachos in my future    Big Grin .

Very basic Nachos, i.e. a plate of tortilla chips covered in grated cheese and bunged in the microwave is P's snack/treat of choice. Nothing wrong with Nachos or cheesy chips.

RE: 2024 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 23-09-2024

(23-09-2024, 10:46 AM)Bren Wrote: Yesterday tuna steaks with charlottes, french beans, carrots, and peas.

This evening baked potatoes with french beans and some savoury mice from the freezer.
I'm afraid to ask what "savoury mice" are!!

(23-09-2024, 11:48 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(23-09-2024, 10:46 AM)Bren Wrote: Yesterday tuna steaks with charlottes, french beans, carrots, and peas.

I'm afraid to ask what "savoury mice" are!!

Better than unsavoury mice.

You know, I read that as mince, not mice. I'd be no good as a proof reader.

RE: 2024 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 23-09-2024

B. Toast and mashed banana
L. Toast with salmon paste and cucumber
D. Stirfried mushrooms, courgette and spicy rice.

Scones & lemon curd.
Mostly Free - except the fish paste & lemon curd.