Garden And Gossip Forums
What keeps you busy - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: What keeps you busy (/showthread.php?tid=288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: What keeps you busy - JJB - 02-07-2020

An excellent bridesmaids costume, a walking talking skirt!

RE: What keeps you busy - Veggie - 02-07-2020

I'd be good at thatWink
Many moons ago, when I had to work for a living in an office....... I was known as the Tortoise lady as my desk was covered in model tortoises . People would bring them back for me from their holidays and they were all shapes and sizes (the tortoises, not the people!).
We were moving office to another building and had to pack all our desk belongings (including the tortoises) into large plastic crates for the removal men. I thought that I could hide under one of these crates and crawl around the floor pretending to be a tortoise. So, when nobody was looking, I crouched down on hands and knees and pulled a crate over my back and proceeded to crawl across the floor. I couldn't see where I was going as my head was in the crate.
Suddenly, there was a knock on my "shell" and I heard my name. Sticking my head out of my shell in my best tortoise fashion, I looked up, and there was my Boss, of all people!
To his credit, he didn't bat an eyelid or mention it again. Which is more than I can say for the rest of the office who were clutching their sides laughing!! Smile

RE: What keeps you busy - SarrissUK - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 08:15 PM)Veggie Wrote: We could be Bridesmaids JJB Smile
I've never been a bridesmaid and I'm sure I'd look stunning in one of those crinoline style dresses that they put over toilet rolls.

haha I know exactly what you mean! I could crochet you the dresses Tongue

RE: What keeps you busy - SarrissUK - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 10:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: I'd be good at thatWink
Many moons ago, when I had to work for a living in an office....... I was known as the Tortoise lady as my desk was covered in model tortoises . People would bring them back for me from their holidays and they were all shapes and sizes (the tortoises, not the people!).
We were moving office to another building and had to pack all our desk belongings (including the tortoises) into large plastic crates for the removal men. I thought that I could hide under one of these crates and crawl around the floor pretending to be a tortoise. So, when nobody was looking, I crouched down on hands and knees and pulled a crate over my back and proceeded to crawl across the floor. I couldn't see where I was going as my head was in the crate.
Suddenly, there was a knock on my "shell" and I heard my name. Sticking my head out of my shell in my best tortoise fashion, I looked up, and there was my Boss, of all people!
To his credit, he didn't bat an eyelid or mention it again. Which is more than I can say for the rest of the office who were clutching their sides laughing!! Smile

haha you're definitely invited to any shindig that I may or may not be holding in the future lol And you too JJB - two dresses coming up lol

I best get crocheting lol

RE: What keeps you busy - Veggie - 02-07-2020

You'll need a matching one Sarriss - and Can would like a crocheted tuxedo.
Anyone else like a crocheted outfit for the big day? Place your orders now.Smile

RE: What keeps you busy - SarrissUK - 03-07-2020

And send more yarn!

RE: What keeps you busy - JJB - 03-07-2020

I have found in the past that crochet swimsuits are a it of a disaster so I hope it's not a pool party!

RE: What keeps you busy - Veggie - 03-07-2020

That brings back memories, JJBWink Ones I'd rather forget.
I remember the crocheted skirts and dresses fashion too - ?70s. I never had one as the swimsuit embarrassment was still there. A friend was always crocheting and, because she'd made it, felt obliged to wear it on every occasion. She had a crocheted dress which seemed to have "holes" in all the wrong places and left little to the imagination!
Would we need crocheted underwear too to cover our modesty?

RE: What keeps you busy - SarrissUK - 03-07-2020

Definitely need underwear Veggie, but no need for them to be crocheted, but most definitely self-supplied haha

RE: What keeps you busy - Curly - 03-07-2020

(30-06-2020, 10:12 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(30-06-2020, 12:20 AM)Curly Wrote:
(29-06-2020, 03:49 PM)Veggie Wrote: Curly, its your time to enlighten everyone about yourself! You haven't even introduced yourself.
Tongue
Number 28 on the introduce yourself thread 

Hardly an Introduction! You're supposed to tell us a little about yourself or we just have to guess!

Here's a few questions you could answer..............

Are you a man or a woman?                                Yes
Where do you live?                                                 At home
Do you work or are you retired?                            I work hard at being retired
Do you have an allotment?                                    Not yet
What are your best features?                                I always have a smile 
Have you ever done anything memorable?         School sports champion 3 years in a row,      A British boxing champion
Do you have any pets?                                           I keep a wormarie
Are you good looking/beautiful?                           It's in the eye of the beholder       
Do you have your own teeth?                                Yes,  bought and paid for
Do you have any money?                                      Spent it on my teeth

I'm sure you can think of more information that you'd like to share with us. We're a nosey bunch and we like photos. Smile Cool