Garden And Gossip Forums
Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Competitions (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=2166)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - Small chilli - 27-06-2024

My tromboncino competition is over . A complete germination failure.
My pumpkin competition has officially started. I have a baby pumpkin. Obviously still early days because Fox could decide to still abort this one. But at the moment it’s definitely growing.

[attachment=7666]

I need to work out a way of supporting baby in the next couple of days. So Fox’s stem doesn’t snap under the weight.

RE: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - Veggie - 27-06-2024

That's a very healthy looking plant. I think you're onto a winner there with Fox. Big Grin

RE: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - JJB - 27-06-2024

Fox is definitely Forward. Piper's growing point isn't even travelling yet. The unnamed trombas however are romping away with lots of baby trombas.

RE: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - Small chilli - 28-06-2024

Baby is now supported. Going to have to come up with something different as it gets bigger.

Cut off a couple of side shoots. To concentrate the mind on pumpkin growth. Also to try to let some light into the DFB in the blue fish box underneath Fox.

[attachment=7669]

RE: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - JJB - 29-06-2024

(28-06-2024, 02:37 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Baby is now supported. Going to have to come up with something different as it gets bigger.

Cut off a couple of side shoots. To concentrate the mind on pumpkin growth. Also to try to let some light into the DFB in the blue fish box underneath Fox.
That's a bed fit for a princess. Do you remember  the story of the Princess and the Pea?  Will you let baby no. 2 grow up? I think you might be overwhelmed by Fox in months to come.

Piper has indeed started travelling to unknown places, I've yet to see progeny.

RE: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - Small chilli - 22-07-2024

I’m sad to say Fox isn’t doing at all well. Fox has been rapidly declining since the start of the pregnancy. I have come to the very difficult decision to terminate the pregnancy ( and eat it Big Grin  ) and remove Fox from the tunnel .
I’ll still do a final weigh in so we can all have a giggle  Rolleyes . I’m not surprised he didn’t do well, I know what his bed is made up of and it’s not nearly rich enough for big pumpkins.

RE: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - Small chilli - 22-07-2024

Compost well Fox. You were great for a while. [attachment=7760]

Very pleased I did remove it all today because after cutting the pumpkin off and seeing the under side of baby. It really wasn’t doing well. At least now I get to eat a bit of it. If I’d left it much longer none of it would of been edible.
[attachment=7761] [attachment=7762] As you can see. Definitely not a monster!

RE: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - Veggie - 22-07-2024

Its the Winner so far, SC. Big Grin

RE: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - JJB - 23-07-2024

Definitely a winner SC, I've not even got a baby and I'm not likely to either after my disaster. BTW I've got brilliant powdery mildew though.

RE: Pumpkin & tromba competitions 2024 - JJB - 17-08-2024

Piper is with child!

Unbeknownst to me she's having a baby. Baby,  as yet unnamed,  is about 6" 10cm dia.

[attachment=7808]