What age do you think you are
Spec Offline
(16-03-2021, 06:52 PM)Veggie Wrote: Does your OH know how you feel about jumping into bed beside her, Granddad?
She always looks forward to itBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(16-03-2021, 06:53 PM)JJB Wrote:
(16-03-2021, 01:37 PM)Admin Wrote: Reminds me of when I was younger and would occasionally spend a little too long looking at a pretty lady, It was normally met with a sharp dig in the ribs from my wife...now days if I do it, she just says "you wish Mr.. you wish"

My dad always maintained you were never to old to look and appreciate. Smile   works for women too.
My OH said that the only time I should be worried is when he stopped looking. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Spec

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(15-03-2021, 03:59 PM)Spec Wrote:
(15-03-2021, 02:39 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(15-03-2021, 01:51 PM)Veggie Wrote: OK, one of the secrets of ageing well is to stop looking in mirrors.
Age is all in the mind, think yourself young and you will be young.Wink
At 
I agree about the mirrors but thinking myself young doesn't do it really. My son and his partner visited for my birthday last year and she cut about 300' of hedge with a petrol trimmer as well as putting up a gate and could have done more except it was going dark and they had to drive back to Sheffield where they both work at one of the hospitals. I just about finished the remaining about 150' in 2 sessions.
I agree with both those statements from Veggie 
As for Marks,  the questions that come up there are, 1/ how long has your son been with his partner, 2/was she trying to impress 3/did she collapse with exhaustion when she was out of sight (I know I would have) 4/ are we really getting that oldRolleyes

1 quite a while, 2. I had him busy strimming some rough grass I wanted to subdue, 3 No  4 Yes.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Spec, Veggie

Scarlet Online
Super Pest Controller
(16-03-2021, 01:37 PM)Admin Wrote: Reminds me of when I was younger and would occasionally spend a little too long looking at a pretty lady, It was normally met with a sharp dig in the ribs from my wife...now days if I do it, she just says "you wish Mr.. you wish"
My husband used to do that until I did the same with every cyclist bottom I saw Big Grin  he didn't find that quite so amusing!
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Scarlet Online
Super Pest Controller
I think keeping active is the key, so long as your moving that's good isn't it?...some people actually sit down all day staring at a TV/screen for fun!
I don't "exercise", though before all this I loved a dip in the pool. Not sure when I'll get back to that.
I am exhausted some days when I get in from gardening and my back has certainly told me I'm getting older. But like VC I don't do the mirror thing or makeup for that matter and I do feel a little older when I think of all those parties I loved! I couldn't stand that noise now Big Grin
Perhaps tasks do take longer? I never seem to finish the garden Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
Don't worry about the, "I never seem to finish the garden" bit Scarlet, even though I am a lot more active than you and don't have as big a garden as you have, I never finish the garden. I always have something that really needs to be attended to, especially when I can feel a "housework" job coming upSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Veggie