What age do you think you are
Spec Offline
I have just watched a recording about how to age well, there were several interviews with some of societies seniors and showing what they do to keep feeling young, so made me wonder others on here do to keep themselves feeling young.
Mostly I  mess about in the garden, though I do go for a walk for about a mile every day, up to the start of the pandemic I run a garden club, organising monthly meetings, I also help maintain the church, which being an old building takes a lot work, but I suppose it all contributes to keeping me active, so again what do you do to keep yourself young
[-] The following 6 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ll come back to you on that. I think building a house is either going to kill or cure  Wink .
Day to day it’s playing in the garden.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I think asking that question on this forum is likely to get gardening as the majority of the answers. Mine included. There's young, and there's active. I've no wish to roll back the years, I might have to work for my living and I enjoy retirement too much to do that. I do wish I liked to exercise though, so I could maintain strength and suppleness, but I don't, so rely on the digging, hefting and general upping and downing of the gardening to keep me fit. Bodily I'm probably about my true age, mentally I'm about 6.Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Eyren, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I still feel pretty young, apart from the inevitable aches and pains (and the fact that hangovers take a lot longer to dissipate!). Partly it's because most of my work colleagues and friends are a lot younger than me, plus I still enjoy a lot of the things I did when I was younger: scifi movies, video games, etc.

In fact in recent years I've rediscovered some youthful pursuits that I didn't have time for when I was focused on my career, such as knitting (very trendy these days, all the young people are doing it!) and watercolour sketching. Maybe when I retire I'll take up hiking again - do you think I'll still be eligible to finish my Duke of Edinburgh Award? Big Grin
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Spec

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^ agreed Eyren, scifi, fantasy books and video games keep me going in the dark days. Never thought about them keeping me young though, P just shakes his head slowly in despair Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Spec

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
What age do I think I am........I personally think I am a young 66 year old.That could just be my narcissism but at my age I don't give a monkeys what others think.
I love to be outdoors and have worked outdoors most of my life. Gardening and fishing are my main outdoor pursuits but I enjoy dog walking and 'tinkering' with bits and bobs.

I thank God for my reasonable health and being a carer for my wife upsets me as she hasn't been blessed with good health and can't really enjoy her retirement.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 6 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie

Bren Offline
Walking, cycling, camping along with gardening then Indoors I read and jump about on my mini trampoline plus exercise using my Nintendo Wii.
It won't keep me young but it does keep me happy and fit.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
I think I'm about 35 sometimes which can be hard depending on what activity you take on!

I do enjoy walking, even more so now I'm out of London. I try to get my 10,000 steps a day for my cardio post heart surgery. I have exercised with No.2 son whilst he's been here and will continue that once he goes back to London. I played a lot of football when I was young and really miss itSad

And, I finally fulfilled my dream when I got my plot, obviously this keeps me a tad busy and active.

I must admit I've been a bit lazy in the mornings since we lost Stella however I feel my body is making up for the last 2 years of 5am walks whilst sleeping downstairs with her on the sofaSmile

I do miss the workplace including the banter (mainly football rubbishSmile) as this certainly kept me young and active. I will start looking for work once I've had the 2nd vaccine although I think it will be a completely different chapter up here.

All in all I don't think I've ever really grown upSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(15-03-2021, 01:02 AM)Spec Wrote: I have just watched a recording about how to age well, there were several interviews with some of societies seniors and showing what they do to keep feeling young, so made me wonder others on here do to keep themselves feeling young.
I hang about with some very old people on this gardening forum.Wink
They are so concerned about their age that they watch programmes about how to age well - unaware that for them, its too late.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Spec, Vinny

Spec Offline
(15-03-2021, 11:47 AM)Veggie Wrote: I hang about with some very old people on this gardening forum.Wink
They are so concerned about their age that they watch programmes about how to age well - unaware that for them, its too late.

Now, now Veggie, you should be trying to encourage the old folk that's on the forum, remember not everyone is as young as I am, I know you try your best with all your plans and riddles, so keep it up, it might help you feel younger (you have a lot af decades to go back on) and remember miracles do happen Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny