Jobs for the coming week
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Jobs for this week:-

Must, must, must catch up with sowing

Various kales, all old packets which never got sown, Cavelo de nero, seaweed kale, curley kale and three or four other types.
More carrots
Turnips (maybe a bit late for swedes)
Lettuce
Peas
Leeks

Plant out Butternut Squash
Plant out Cucumbers
Plant out lettuce

It will probably be a bit longer before my Climbing French and low growing French beans are ready for planting out but I need to prepare the ground for them and put up a wigwam. Smile

oops, Confused forgot I need to pot up all my chillie plants as I managed to get some compost at Aldi yesterday. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(02-06-2020, 09:00 AM)JJB Wrote: Danny, I found that it crops up when you edit someone else's post, i.e.  if you only want to mention a particular sentence, not the whole post, so delete the irrelevant bits.  Does that make any sense?
 If you click on the green arrow beside the user's name it takes you to the original post from which the quote was taken.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Wow magic, thanks VC
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
(02-06-2020, 10:52 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 09:00 AM)JJB Wrote: Danny, I found that it crops up when you edit someone else's post, i.e.  if you only want to mention a particular sentence, not the whole post, so delete the irrelevant bits.  Does that make any sense?
 If you click on the green arrow beside the user's name it takes you to the original post from which the quote was taken.
Thanks bothSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Bit late coming to this this week, but my scrap of paper reads -
Plant out - leeks (DONE), sprouts, kale, cabbages, turnips, courgettes, one melon (if the scout survives, the rest will follow!), corn, beetroot, basil, flowers (zinnia, rudbekia, belle du jour, marigolds), spare toms & pumpkins on hugelbed.
Sow - beetroot, carrots, basil, lettuce, French beans (climbing & dwarf), coriander, snips to use up the packet, radicchio.
Weed bank bed & herb bed. Mulch.
Lift garliC (DONE)
Prick out leaf beet.
Clear broadies.
Armpit tomatoes.

Chapeau to you guys who run a productive garden/allotment & go to work!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
(01-06-2020, 09:00 AM)Bren Wrote: My list June week 1

GH..set up self watering and plant cucs.    Done

Sow..spring onions, lettuse, radishes, cress.    Done

Plant..Runner beans, Romaneco and remaining sprouts,  
Not a bad start but it was a short list.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
- try to find the battery for my strimmer - NOT found, I think I will need to buy a replacement. Then I will find it.... STILL not found it, and still haven't ordered a new one. Must do better.
- sow all the beans and peas - NOT done. I will sow direct on the plot next weekend. Not sown a single pea or bean yet.
- mollycoddle my two trombos that have appeared, along with other squashes - more have germinated, but still mollycoddling them! My trombos are growing large! They are almost ready to plant out now Smile
- sow more trombos just in case the others don't show - NOT done, because I might have enough now. I didn't Smile
- deliver 10 compost bags to the allotment and spread them - DONE! It looks fantastic. I need more compost Smile Can I celebrate that this got done again? Big Grin
- write one essay on economics and one economics quiz (deadline tuesday in 10 days time) - DONE!! Woohooo!! Again, can I celebrate this is done.. again? LOL
- take new hose spray head to the allotment as someone's took my old one - DONE! And used it today. It doubles as a sprinkler while I'm up there too.
- weed - done loads of that. Thankfully it's coming up quite easily, even though there's large clumps of grass... The weeds with taproots are thankfully not too common. Done more weeding since then. More weeding still to do Smile

New list!

- I desperately need to build the custom bed in the greenhouse so that I can plant out my tomatoes. They're overcrowding the house.
- More weeding needs to be done up on the allotment.
- I need to sow more veg to plug the gaps that have been created by me allowing seedlings to get frazzled in the heat.
- I need to geto ut and pick more elderflowers, because I really need more of that cordial Smile
There's more to add to the list, but I've been at it all weekend, and right now is not the time to add more Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(02-06-2020, 03:29 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Bit late coming to this this week, but my scrap of paper reads -
Plant out - leeks (DONE), sprouts (DONE) , kale, cabbages, turnips, courgettes  (DONE), one melon (if the scout survives, the rest will follow!) (DONE), corn (DONE), beetroot, basil, flowers (zinnia, rudbekia  (DONE), belle du jour, marigolds), spare toms (Traded instead!) & pumpkins on hugelbed.
Sow - beetroot  (DONE), carrots, basil, lettuce  (DONE), French beans (climbing & dwarf) (DONE), coriander, snips to use up the packet, radicchio (DONE).
Lift garlic (DONE)
Prick out leaf beet. (DONE)
Clear broadies. (DONE)
Armpit tomatoes. (DONE)

Chapeau to you guys who run a productive garden/allotment & go to work!

Not a bad week, especially as we've had a couple of weather days.
I've also weeded the gravel area outside our gates, beside the drive.

My list for this week includes everything not done last week -

Plant out - kale, cabbages, turnips, beetroot, basil, flowers (zinnia, belle du jour, marigolds), spare pumpkins on hugelbed.
Sow - carrots, basil, coriander, snips to use up the packet,

Plus sow - beetroot, turnips (yes, every week!), January King cabbage.
Clear bolting lettuces, mulch various bits of veg plot with manure.
Plant out soya beans
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Last weeks list:

Finish planting CFB. NEARLY THERE have to dig out chard to make room.
Plant out courgettes DONE. but there are so many left over. Sad
Armpit Tom's DONE but a continuing task
Watering. Ditto
Pick strawbs. Ditto
Thin carrots, beetroot, chard. NOT COMPLETE thinned beetroot only
Sow parsley and salad leaves. NOT A HOPE
All those things I didn't get done last week.

Now for next week:
All of the above
Planting out, planting out and so on ad infinitum. Veg patch and bedding plants
Set outside toms in permanent positions bemoan the lack of space
Dig out broccoli raab, it never does well, it's gone tough on me, consider what to plant in its place that can stay under mesh.
Turn compost
Dead head various

I think that's enough to going on with.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Moth, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
I've ordered two replacement batteries for my grass trimmer, so when they arrive, they'll both be charged to full and taken up to the allotment. So much to strim.....

I bought a desk today and that's next weekend's job to put together. You might say it's nothing to do with gardening, but that is where I do most of my research and reading about gardening (and gaming, though that's not gardening related).

Still lots to sow and weeding to get done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie