2021 - What I did today
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Brought the wife to the hospital for her PCR test she has to have a negative so she can go in on Friday for her tests.
Worked from home and did another online lesson for my concertina.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Spent the whole day bailing out the patio, still raining or snowing now. Bought an electric pump which helps a bit but could only get a 10m hose and suspect a lot of water is draining back. One more session will hopefully do it. A little bit of water came under the patio door but hopefully will dry OK. The water seems to drain of the garden, next doors garden, the roofs and it was also coming of the side garden and running down the drive so 1 inch of rain probably becomes 4" on the patio. The whole garden is saturated.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
Feel for you Mark, thankfully we never have anything like that, hope you and everyone else comes out OK
Got my Babington Leeks today so have planted 7 of them just now and will plant some through out the flowerbed
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Good luck fighting the flood, Mark.

Today I planted out some modules of golden turnip and red cabbages in the little tunnel. Thy've been sat in their pots since the autumn so hopefully will enjoy getting their feet into some fresh soil.

Dug out the vole/mole runs from the edges of a couple of the veg beds. I've lost so many leaf beet and swiss chard plants this year, finding a wilted plant top left lying on the surface, with the roots completely eaten. I do hope 2021 isn't going to be a vole boom year Sad
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Yes good luck Mark

Thankfully we escaped last night however we are still waiting on the damp work being completed from the last time!
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
More laps of the woods/canal/village to get my 10k steps.

Tidied the sandbags out of the way in the yard, thankfullySmile

Watched a couple of videos online, decided to plant my JA's in containers, for this year at anyway.

Another family chess comp match, drew this one!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Bren Offline
Bought my Charlotte seed potatoes they’re on a bedroom window still in their egg boxes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

Spec Offline
Received the bush roses that I had bought today, so got them planted, also got my delivery of aster seeds, too early to sow them but made me think of getting some seeds sown, but will hold off for a week or two yet, now waiting for my chrysants, lilies and fuchsias to be delivered, mean while I will search about for some where to plant the lilies as I don't have a lot of space available

Broadway Offline
Nice walk down the canal to Sainsburys today, part of getting my steps in. 3 people walking round together, makes a mockery of them telling me I couldn't shop with Mrs B last week.

1 lap of the woods/canal circuit to get to 10k steps.

Popped over the plot, surprisingly very wet! I wanted to plant one JA to work out how much potting material I need for the remainder. I'm using some plastic poly pots. I got them on a whim about 10 years ago, it's nice to see things getting used now I have the plotSmile Anyway I think they hold about 18 litres.

Ordered some blackberry plants.

Resistance exercises with No.2 son.

Binge watched 3 episodes of The Bay.

Made the foil reflective surround for the growlights.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
(21-01-2021, 03:42 PM)Spec Wrote: Feel for you Mark, thankfully we never have anything like that, hope you and everyone else comes out OK
Got my Babington Leeks today so have planted 7 of them just now and will plant some through out the flowerbed
Hi Spec

Did you plant the 7 outside or undercover?