Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-01-2021

Starting this thread ready for 2021.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 01-01-2021

Nothing garden related outside, its toooo cold. Trying to decide which chilli(s) I'm going to experiment with as the lad asked, but choosing which one or two is difficult. The lad agreed to take on surplus chillies if there are any so will grow a medium heat one for him. SC sent me a lovely selection of mild ones, so I'm dithering as usual. It's worse than choosing tomatoes, at least they'll go outside if I grow too many.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 01-01-2021

Nothing except dig a few carrots for the dinner.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 01-01-2021

I was just counting my seed potatoes - as you do this time of year - and I knocked off a sprout so I planted it. It's on the kitchen windowsill. Its the same family as tomato so might enter it in with the early toms here - if it survives.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 02-01-2021

The sun was out so I actually got off my backside and went for a run! Well, it was more of a 30 seconds of desultory jogging followed by 2 minutes of walk to catch my breath, but maintained a raised heartrate throughout which was the purpose. That might be my exercise for 2021 though Smile. I haven't jogged for 10-15 years, no wonder I found it difficult.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 02-01-2021

Moved the 4 compost daleks at the plot thanks to help from No.2 son.

Lockdown haircut, didn't like the oops comment from Mrs B half way throughSmile

2nd game in the family chess tournament, after 2hrs I resigned the game to a 16 year old, I'm knackered nowSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 02-01-2021

Made a chocolate roulade for P's birthday tomorrow, if he doesn't behave re pots on windowsills, he's not having any Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 02-01-2021

(02-01-2021, 01:44 PM)JJB Wrote: The sun was out so I actually got off my backside and went for a run!  Well, it was more of a 30 seconds of desultory jogging followed by 2 minutes of walk to catch my breath, but maintained a raised heartrate throughout which was the purpose.  That might be my exercise for 2021 though Smile.  I haven't jogged for 10-15 years, no wonder I found  it difficult.

I think I should start running again. I think my target should be 3 miles in 30 minutes but I'll start with 1 mile in about 12 minutes probably. I only went for a couple of runs all last year and don't feel at all fit at the moment. Gardening, specially like now, sitting in an armchair just thinking about it, doesn't really do too much. I'll run 1 or 2 telegraph poles then walk a couple...
Went for a walk earlier.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 02-01-2021

Dug and mulched a bed before recovering until needed, had a chat with a plot nieghbour. Nice to come home to a nice warm house

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 02-01-2021

I lined one of my new raised beds, then filled it with soil. Placed all my strawberries in their pots on it then put the netting on it to keep the cats out.

[attachment=1904]