Being organised
JJB Offline
Moonraker
This thread has motivated me to sort out the boxes of seeds, and perhaps order a new box. More expense! Maybe a shoe box I'll do.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
I sorted mine a few days ago, basically two boxes, one contains seeds to be used from now through next year and the other contains spares.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Spec Offline
(17-11-2020, 11:00 AM)JJB Wrote: This thread has motivated me to sort out the boxes of seeds, and perhaps order a new box. More expense! Maybe a shoe box I'll do.

Couldn't you wait till after Christmas before purchasingRolleyes (should word's like that be allowed on a family forum) any boxes just in case you get any boxes then
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yesterday, my order for 27 packets of Franchhi seeds arrived - and you know how big those packets are!!
I'm reorganising my seed collection again - it good to have a hobby. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Spec

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(17-11-2020, 03:06 PM)Spec Wrote:
(17-11-2020, 11:00 AM)JJB Wrote: This thread has motivated me to sort out the boxes of seeds, and perhaps order a new box.  More expense!  Maybe a shoe box I'll do.

Couldn't you wait till after Christmas before purchasingRolleyes (should word's like that be allowed on a family forum) any boxes just in case you get any boxes then

In an ideal world perhaps yes I should wait.  BUT the seed boxes I already have are three modular plastic drawers, which link together and  I thought to just add another drawer to the stack.  No such luck, they are no longer available.  So rather than be all tidy and neat, it will prob be an old shoe box from the loft.  It saved me a few pennies at least.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(17-11-2020, 03:14 PM)Veggie Wrote: Yesterday, my order for 27 packets of Franchhi seeds arrived - and you know how big those packets are!!

27 packets!!  No expense spared.  I'm not sure I grow 27 different anything from seed.  (I'm tempted to go and count but can't be bothered to get up after lunch)
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(17-11-2020, 04:30 PM)JJB Wrote:
(17-11-2020, 03:14 PM)Veggie Wrote: Yesterday, my order for 27 packets of Franchhi seeds arrived - and you know how big those packets are!!

27 packets!!  No expense spared.  I'm not sure I grow 27 different anything from seed.  (I'm tempted to go and count but can't be bothered to get up after lunch)
I bought their Italian seed collections - there are 3 with 5 or 6 packets in each collection and they include  3 free packets with each collection with a RHS special offer - and each collection is reduced by £3.Smile
I had to ring the company because their website was only discounting £3, not £9. They asked me if they were a gift, so I said, they were, a Gift to me!! They said they'd make sure that the extra packets were different so that i didn't have duplicates. You don'[t get that sort of service from T & M.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(17-11-2020, 04:57 PM)Veggie Wrote:

I bought their Italian seed collections - there are 3 with 5 or 6 packets in each collection and they include  3 free packets with each collection with a RHS special offer - and each collection is reduced by £3.Smile
I had to ring the company because their website was only discounting £3, not £9. They asked me if they were a gift, so I said, they were, a Gift to me!! They said they'd make sure that the extra packets were different so that i didn't have duplicates. You don'[t get that sort of service from T & M.

How right you are.  I cannot see how T&M can honestly advertise '100% customer satisfaction'  I work on the principle that if I do order any bedding plugs, they are always carp so I moan and get them free with some extra bunged in as a sweetener, but it no way to carry on really.  I'm off to look at franchi.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Spec Offline
When you have so many seeds, you should try taking up gardening, you might find that you enjoy it, rather than just reorganising your seeds
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Spec Offline

JJB, Veggie might be a "spermologist" as nowhere did she say she would be sowing the seeds I suppose fil??? Philan?? Stamp collectors reorganise when they get some new stamps Rolleyes Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie