Succession sowing/planting?
Broadway Offline
(13-11-2020, 06:15 PM)Veggie Wrote: I don't plant them out until they're sturdy plants with a good root system - I don't sow many seeds direct.
Thanks Veggie
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(12-11-2020, 08:14 PM)Veggie Wrote: Grow them in big pots that you can move outside if you really need the space!

I grew mine in a space 2 GH panes wide by 1 pane deep (4' x 2'). Found a photo from 1st June when I was picking beans. Smile

That's definitely a plan for next year V.  We'll see whether they survive a frost in the GH.  Gives a few very early beans hopefully.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Next week on my plan its Fruits week - time to sow beans, peas, tomatoes and so forth.
Broad beans and peas are "normal" sowings for November - but I'm going to stretch it by sowing some DFBs and tomatoes! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-11-2020, 11:43 AM)Veggie Wrote: Next week on my plan its Fruits week - time to sow beans, peas, tomatoes and so forth.
Broad beans and peas are "normal" sowings for November - but I'm going to stretch it by sowing some DFBs and tomatoes! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Smile

Tomatoes!  Its madness, sheer madness! Smile   tried it last year, the poor things struggled with lack of light even in a glass porch, and then didn't fruit well when the light and temperature improved.   Not bothering again.  Might try some DFBs in a pot but can't really see they'll escape the frost.

Having said all that I could try a couple of Red Robin on the windowsill, last years failures were rosella which were only started to prove saved seed then P, like a mother hen, decided they should have a chance to live - mad fool! You see if he decides to have plants on the windowsill, it's ok, if I want to do so, its clutter. Double standards or what?
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Why don't you remind P how well his tomatoes did on the window sill and you've "heard" that its worth trying a few seeds of Red Robin very early to have delicious tomatoes to eat in spring.Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not going to enter into negotiations, present him with a fait accompli - that's my tactic. Big Grin
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
We'll expect photos of your windowsill. Smile

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-11-2020, 12:30 PM)Veggie Wrote: We'll expect photos of your windowsill. Smile

Here's one I made earlier in  true Blue Peter fashion.  Before our first frost I brought in  a trough of begonias just to see whether they would last the winter.  They're not really 'indoors' but on a shelf/cill in a porch, I fear they may outgrow their space.  P has given up his shoe cleaning shelf, how generous is that?  Shy

Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie