New greenhouse - this may take some time and you might get bored
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Paul says groundwork are now complete and is handing over the site to the boss.  Can't think who that is. Confused
He maintains that as I like puzzles, jigsaws and used to dressmake from patterns I'm eminently qualified to be chief erector.  We shall have to see about that.

Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Scarlet

Broadway Offline
(26-06-2020, 07:05 PM)JJB Wrote: Paul says groundwork are now complete and is handing over the site to the boss.  Can't think who that is. Confused
He maintains that as I like puzzles, jigsaws and used to dressmake from patterns I'm eminently qualified to be chief erector.  We shall have to see about that.
Looking goodSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just a couple of questions, if I may?
Where will the door be?
Are you going to move the waterbutts before the GH is erected as you won't be able to get to the sides with them there.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Ask away V. Door will be tree stump end. Did think about a low threshold GH but it wasn't recommended for erection onto soil - wouldn't be stable enough. Big green water butt is staying as that is a feed underground to the existing GH. The smaller butt to the left and slabs it stands on is going (I think). Two new narrow butts will eventually go to the end opposite the door. I fear I will be left to erecting whilst P deals with butt etc. I'm as much in the dark as you Smile. If rain doesn't stop play tomorrow then we'll both find out. My light reading for this evening is the instruction book.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I wouldn't worry about the threshold,- you're not going to be taking a wheelbarrow in there.
Unless there's going to be room to pass between the water butts and the new GH, it may be worth removing them before you start erecting. Not sure what sort of glazing you're having (full pane or several overlapping ones) or how they're to be held in place but, its fiddly - the roof is the worst!

I've lost count of the number of GHs I've "helped" to dismantle or erect but never been "in charge". Good luck. Smile
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
It's toughened glass so bigger panes than the horticultural 2'x2' like my other one. We've moved the old one twice but so long ago I forgotten - have I told you about my lack of memory? Smile we've also removed horti panes regularly for cleaning but I think this new one may prove challenging
I agree about manoeuvring round the side, something will have to give. The roof will be even worse as its higher than normal. Good job Paul is
6'3" and if necessary I can call on son who is 6'5. I'm not really in charge (never am except in the kitchen) Paul will work with me I'm sure. The frame might be the easiest bit, glazing perhaps less so.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm sure you'll do splendidly. Smile
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Just read the instructions and they suggest making the frame up, then take it to the base and fix it. Just figuring a) where to build the frame and b) the route to take the built up frame to get it to the base. I envisage great fun and games and maybe a flattened onion row or two en route. Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My next door neighbour gave us his GH - I think its 10x10- and we decided to move it without dismantling it. Took the glass out, obviously.
We had to carry it across his garden, over the fence and hedge and weave our way up my garden between all the fruit trees. Fortunately, they were a bit smaller then.

It wasn't helped by fits of the giggles as we got tangled in bushes!
We made it and the frame straightened out, Its GH No 3 and still in use.
Have fun!!
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Rain stopped play. At least all the water butts are getting filled. Told your story to Paul who, after laughing, admired the achievement. Moving a 10x10 is no mean feat. He said we did much the same with our little one, over hedges, round trees, etc. I can't remember.........have I told you about my poor memory? Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Can the Man, Veggie