2024 seeds and stuff I’ve bought acquired today
doublyjonah Offline
(09-05-2024, 08:07 AM)JJB Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 05:51 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Maybe this should be in the confessional thread. I bought from one of the less reputable websites because I just had to have some seeds I saw elsewhere but was too cheap to buy... Rudbeckia Sahara, zinnia queen lime, a large flowered white achillea, some very pale calendula, and a naked seeded pumpkin because I'm hoping to eat the seeds without all the crunching and shell splinters.

Never heard of naked seeded pumpkin. That goes on the list for next year. Hope we have a progress report in the autumn. Which variety did you get DJ?
I ended up with Triple Treat since they had it at the same site as the flower seed I wanted. I sowed them yesterday so fingers crossed I'll get one to report on. I have also heard of Naked Bear, I believe, and a couple with non-English names that I can't remember.
[-] The following 1 user Likes doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(09-05-2024, 09:49 AM)doublyjonah Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 05:51 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Maybe this should be in the confessional thread. I bought from one of the less reputable websites because I just had to have some seeds I saw elsewhere but was too cheap to buy... Rudbeckia Sahara, zinnia queen lime, a large flowered white achillea, some very pale calendula, and a naked seeded pumpkin because I'm hoping to eat the seeds without all the crunching and shell splinters.

Never heard of naked seeded pumpkin. That goes on the list for next year. Hope we have a progress report in the autumn. Which variety did you get DJ?
I ended up with Triple Treat since they had it at the same site as the flower seed I wanted. I sowed them yesterday so fingers crossed I'll get one to report on. I have also heard of Naked Bear, I believe, and a couple with non-English names that I can't remember.
Lady Godiva is one!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(09-05-2024, 09:59 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 09:49 AM)doublyjonah Wrote:

Lady Godiva is one!

^^^ clothing optional. I've been to a few beaches like that.  Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
^^^ No photos, thank you Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Farendwoman Offline
Really like the sound of all the flowers you bought. Especially the large flowered white Achillea and pale Calendula. Have grown zinnia Queen Red Lime and Rudbeckia Sahara in past years and been very pleased with them (Don't know why I'm not growing them this year, really!)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
(15-05-2024, 11:00 AM)Farendwoman Wrote:
Really like the sound of all the flowers you bought. Especially the large flowered white Achillea and pale Calendula. Have grown zinnia Queen Red Lime and Rudbeckia Sahara in past years and been very pleased with them (Don't know why I'm not growing them this year, really!)
Oh that's exciting, FEW. I'm really looking forward to them although I think I'm probably rather later for the rudbeckia and the achillea. I've had good germination for the calendula, zinnias, and achillea, so I've gotten away with my order from a naughty supplier.

I assume some of them wouldn't come true from saved seed but I'll try for anything that seems likely.
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
It's confession time again. T&M's free p&p and 89p seeds lured me in. No excuses just weak willed. Only 4 packets :2 wallflowers, a yellow French marigold and a tomato Merrygold which is an F1 so I can't save the seed.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(16-05-2024, 10:03 AM)JJB Wrote: It's confession time again. T&M's free p&p and 89p seeds lured me in. No excuses just weak willed. Only 4 packets :2 wallflowers, a yellow French marigold and a tomato Merrygold which is an F1 so I can't save the seed.
That's a double confession;
!. You bought seeds
2. you gave money to T&M  Cry
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Garrett, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(16-05-2024, 11:53 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(16-05-2024, 10:03 AM)JJB Wrote: It's confession time again. T&M's free p&p and 89p seeds lured me in. No excuses just weak willed. Only 4 packets :2 wallflowers, a yellow French marigold and a tomato Merrygold which is an F1 so I can't save the seed.
That's a double confession;
!. You bought seeds
2. you gave money to T&M  Cry

I can't disagree, I'll do two lots of penitence, I'll  do two lots of digging and two lots of weeding and even be nice to P.  Tongue
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie