Kitchen cupboard stocktake
Bren Offline
Our oldest tin is Pease pudding Feb 2004  MrB bought it on a whim  Rolleyes
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Many years ago I bought a tin of snake soup in a Chinese supermarket. It sounded "interesting" and I was up for trying all sorts of odd food then - although I drew the line at chicken and duck feet. Anyway, this tin sat in the back of the cupboard for years and years. Whenever I came across it, I imagined a snake inside it, coiled, ready to spring out as soon as the tin was opened - like a Jack in the Box. Finally, I couldn't face it anymore so I gave it to a friend in work who really would eat anything. He said it was just like soup with bits in and was quite nice. I wasn't sure whether I was relieved or disappointed!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have had to find new uses for my veg storage compartments at bottom of fridge Rolleyes . They now house bottles of carbonsted water. I can actually see the back of my high level cupboards now as most of the tinned stuff in them was thrown out along with all seed oils.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thrown out!!! If only you lived nearer, I'd have been there to "help". Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(20-09-2023, 12:50 PM)Vinny Wrote: I have had to find new uses for my veg storage compartments at bottom of fridge Rolleyes . They now house bottles of carbonsted water. I can actually see the back of my high level cupboards now as most of the tinned stuff in them was thrown out along with all seed oils.

Not going to like that post Vinny, you should wash your mouth out with veg soup.  Big Grin we don't do throwing out down south.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(20-09-2023, 01:28 PM)JJB Wrote:
(20-09-2023, 12:50 PM)Vinny Wrote: I have had to find new uses for my veg storage compartments at bottom of fridge Rolleyes . They now house bottles of carbonsted water. I can actually see the back of my high level cupboards now as most of the tinned stuff in them was thrown out along with all seed oils.

Not going to like that post Vinny, you should wash your mouth out with veg soup.  Big Grin we don't do throwing out down south.
Sorry I should have been more specific as not thrown out, but given to my Daughter to use as she pleased! Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
That's better, Vinny - as long as your daughter hasn't thrown them out. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(20-09-2023, 03:16 PM)Veggie Wrote: That's better, Vinny - as long as your daughter hasn't thrown them out. Big Grin
I think not, she has a family to feed and they are gannets!  Rolleyes
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I collected 7 tins of Out of date food today. Only one wasn't 2023 and that one was 2022! I don't call those out of date at all.
Interestingly, the donor seems to have made a trip to a Chinese supermarket and changed her mind when she got home. Its not Snake Soup but Straw Mushrooms - whatever they are! Off to ask the Duckduck>>>>
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
I made a boo boo by eating bacon that was a month out of date. It was in a sealed pack and looked pink as fresh bacon does. I smelled it and it smelled ok and I cooked it with liver and onions and it tasted nice. Rolleyes

I couldn't stay off the toilet the next day!  Cry
  • Garrett, JJB