Green fly in my greenhouse already!
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-04-2023, 10:06 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Yet to see ladybirds anywhere - other than indoors in the spare unseated bedroom/box room.
But I have got ginormous lupin aphids in my cold greenhouse. . Huge great things.
Would it be cruel to move my ladybirds to an unseated greenhouse?
Don't think ladybirds need seats so they should be OK. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Farendwoman Offline
Oh the power of the autocorrect!
Well spotted Veggie …. (Get it … spotted!)
I’ve been chuckling at the picture in my head of all the little ladybirds sitting on chairs munching greenfly.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
I found some greenfly on one pepper plant in the greenhouse today. We grow all year round in there so there's not much chance to do a deep clean, and I'm too lazy for that anyway. Got to keep a look out for their white skin moultings. Catch them early and they don't become a big problem. Lots of hoverflies around the last few days too.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Just thought it worth mentioning that as I am reaching the end of my tomato growing and still have chillies waiting to bear fruit, this year I planted lots of marigolds and nasturtiums around my tunnel and thankfully no green fly, white fly or any other of these nasties, I still have them growing, but I did take out a number of nasturtiums that has started going to seed and I wanted to plant my winter spuds.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Farendwoman, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie